Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Giant Anthem 29 – How good are they?
  • rooney
    Free Member

Anything they can’t handle?
    What they good at?

perthmtb
    Free Member

I find my Anthem 29er a great XC race bike, fast in races, and comfortable for all day firetrail epics.

But… my 26″ Trance handles twisty turney stuff and jumps better, and is more fun to ride.

Thats all…

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Yeah great on local loops and fantistic at Coed Brenin.Even gave my mates on 150mm fs a run for their money on the downhills (these were 26).Very confidence inspiring!
    Thanx,
    Max

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    steve_b77
    Free Member

Nothing that I ride, granted I’ve only ridden The Marin, Llandegla, natural welsh stuff with descents made of baby heads rocks, twisty woodland single track etc.

Covering ground very fast, climbing, riding fast, riding not fast, descending and XC style air greatness

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Great bikes for so many things. I was genuinely surprised at how good they were on the steeper stuff to. Good climbers but not great in a spesh epic carbon kind of way (which IMO is incredible) but better than most. I demoed the 1 last year and the 2 this – (spec changes I know but) the 1 felt a lot better than the 2.

andypaul99
    Free Member

good bike, i would recommend spending as much as possible on one as some of the lesser models ie 3 and 2 are quite heavy. Dont shy away from the Rockshox monach shock either as its actually quite tunable.

As teamhurtmore mentioned an Epic will probably be quicker but id still rather have an anthem over one for an all round bike you cant do much better really.

Andy

Delighted with mine. V Surprised how capable it is.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

WMB – had anthem 29 as one of their bikes of the year – they love them. On my latest demo, the front supsension wasnt set up well and I was going thru the travel far too easily. So didn’t enjoy that much. Plus it was wet and the ralphs were sliding around on the roots!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Giant Anthem 29 – How good are they?’ is closed to new replies.