Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 'Ghost Stories' the Play – Contains Spoilers
  • Napalm
    Free Member

Saw this in London last night @ the Duke of York; has anyone else here seen it? Did you understand it? Was there a central / linking theme?
    I thought it was OK as a piece of theatre, but not too scary.
    But I don’t understand the ending; why feed cat food to a baby? Why did the night watchman become a hospital porter? Why did the businessman become a doctor? Did the baby die? Why did all 3 events occur @ 3:45? What was the link between all 3?

Anyone help this poor little orphan boy?

Napalm
    Free Member

Bump.
    Still looking for enlightenment. Anyone out there?

Bagstard
    Free Member

It was ok, jumpy rather than scary. I’m guessing the baby was some kind of medical monster, hence the cat food. Pretty sure it didn’t die.

Why did the businessman become a doctor? I’m guessing it was the same actor, but not character.

Why did the night watchman become a hospital porter? He was constantly changing jobs.

Why 03.45 am? It is supposed to be the time when people are at their lowest ebb, deepest sleep, most vulnerable to attack. Also supposedly a time of increased paranormal activity.

… I think…

Rubber_Buccaneer

Saw it ages ago & quite enjoyed it, something a little different. I can’t remember the detail but wasn’t the narrator ultimately the guy in the hospital bed in a coma and the characters from each story were his Dr, the porter, etc?

Bagstard
    Free Member

That does make more sense, my memory is pretty hazy too.

Napalm
    Free Member

Thanks, that’s helpful especially the 03:45 comment and Rubber’s interpretation – thanks to both of you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘'Ghost Stories' the Play – Contains Spoilers’ is closed to new replies.