• This topic has 21 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by mboy.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Ghost bikes…….any good?
  • ton

not a specific model…….just in general.

anyone broke one, what is warrenty like….stuff like that.

robsoctane
    Free Member

you’ll probably remember that Singletrack themselves gave a recommendation to the Lector Carbon 7700?

I’ve not seen any on trails yet though. It’ll be interesting to find out if they’re popular on here!

You thinking of getting one Ton?

ElShalimo

I’ve seen loads of them when on holiday in Italy (Dolomites & Lake Garda)
    100s & 100s of Austrians & Germans can’t all be daft, they must be pretty good

ton

You thinking of getting one Ton?

one for DH UPLIFT mincing days………… 😉

dantsw13

One of my mates has one. He races it (Big Dog type stuff) and really rates it.

rewski
    Free Member

The one chained up on the rails at streatham high road was probably nice once, but to be honest looks a bit past it now. Hopefully they make motorists stop and think.

Bullet

I’ve recently bought an AMR 9000 Lector and love it. Flies along and you don’t have to think about what it’s doing if you see what I mean. Really well made, light and easy to dial in when first arrived. Get one!

blob
    Free Member

I’ve had an amr 5900 for a couple of years and it’s coped with everything from local trails, 7 Stanes and even uplift in the Alps. Frame even survived falling off a bike rack at about 60mph with just a few scratches to show for it!

weeksy

I rode one for a day round Lanzarote, i liked it… nice bike.

forge197
    Free Member

I ran one for a year an AMR5900 really nice bike would by another.

timb34
    Free Member

One of the brands owned by the Accell group – along with Haibike, Koga and Lapierre, so they share the same technologies.

rewski
    Free Member

so they share the same technologies.

Nicolas Vouilloz may disagree with you there

rewski
    Free Member

Thinking of getting my boy the 24 Powerkid, for the name alone.

timb34
    Free Member

Nicolas Vouilloz may disagree with you there

I was thinking of things like this : EI Shock, so I guess I should have written “some of the same technologies”

moonboy
    Free Member

love my amr 7500.

Minimal failage in 18 months riding. Had to do the headset but the BB, linkage bearings and stuff like that are still going strong.

probably break it tomorrow now.

Marko

One of the brands owned by the Accell group – along with Haibike, Koga and Lapierre . . .

And Raleigh

jimjam
    Free Member

I am on my second and they are excellent. The AMR is the best trail bike I’ve ridden, no wonder it got trail bike of the year in a bunch of tests.

I’ve just recently built up this to play with.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Unfortunate naming.

ton

jimjam, that is a very nice looking bike.

jimjam
    Free Member

ton

jimjam, that is a very nice looking bike.

Thanks very much mate, I don’t think the photo does it justice though. rides even better than it looks anyway.

proberts
    Free Member

I had 2 5900’s, loved them both but so did the thiefs!!

mboy
    Free Member

AMR 5900 got 10/10 in MBR beating Trek EX8 and Specialized Camber, amongst others!

OK take mag reviews with a pinch of salt, but everyone who’s ridden a ghost raves about them. They certainly have the big boys beat on VFM, if not quite as cheap as a Canyon. Certainly look the part too!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Ghost bikes…….any good?’ is closed to new replies.