Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Ghost bikes advice please
  • daveb
    Free Member

I know some one who is looking to buy the Ghost Asket LC 5 but can’t find any reviews. He is a bit limited on what he can get as it’s BTW and from CRC

Anyone got any experience of this or other Ghost hts?

Thanks

survivor

Friends had the DH bikes. Very well built and well specc’ed. Think they are German but just aren’t pushed over here like other brands. I’d have one if the price was right ?

hammyuk
    Free Member

Good from what I’ve heard – their women’s models are actually designed by ladies with all the correct parts. (bikes and designers 😉 )

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jaylittle
    Free Member

Can’t advise you on that model but had an AMR and loved it…. had some trouble with the frame but hotwheels were really got and got me a replacement part foc even though it was purchased second hand.

daveb
    Free Member

Ok thanks, will let him know

gelert
    Free Member

I owned a Ghost ASX 5500 and it was a great starter FS bike for me, I upgraded a lot of bits on it. The worst problem I had though was getting hold of spare shock axles (it took weeks) and all 12 bearings died in less than 10 months. Totally crushed the main pivot bearings too. I was possibly over washing the bike during it’s first winter (600 miles) as it was my first bike and I knew no different and rode it/washed it every weekend. Loved it to bits. Once I managed to get all the bearings done and stopped washing it so much I did another 800 miles and another winter and it they were all running fine when I sold it. I did just shy of 2000 miles on it in total.

During my time on the Ghost I discovered my riding style and learned to jump and drop so I’ll always have fond memories. It’s all Orange now though 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Ghost bikes advice please’ is closed to new replies.