Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Ghost amr 5900 or Trek Fuel ex 8 ?
  • bigpole
    Free Member

The question is basically over brand and the small matter of £300 as they both sport comparable spec.Do I go for the relative new kid on the block cheaper ghost or the establishedmore expensive Trek. I can only just afford the ghost, but if I sell a body part and half my possessions I might be able to afford the extra.

plushhill
    Free Member

New kid on the block? It’s only new to the UK. I don’t think that you can make a bad choice here, its like a VW or Ford question. Best bet is to do some demo riding, we have an 7500 AMR demo and Ghost have plenty of them to demo. Our 2010 5900 demo was used and abused by more customers then all of our other demos and it held together really well and still looked amazing when we sold it at the end of the year. Ghost gets my vote for sure

Roulercoaster
    Free Member

trek ex 8 is a great bike, i have a 2010 – Ghost a bit more bling. tbf i didnt test ride the ghost although they get great reviews, but fwiw the trek has made a massive difference to my riding coming from a HT. Its just so well balanced.

forge197
    Free Member

I am running a Ghost AMR 7500 at the moment, it’s a great bike, been very pleased with it over the last couple of months, it’s put a real spark back into my riding that seemed to have been missing from using longer travel bikes, handles nice, balanced, fast, predictable, if there was one critsism and it’s minor the adjusting the cable on the front mech is a bit of a faff, certainly fun to ride.

Don’t think you can go wrong with either choice, but I wouldn’t get hung up on the brand Ghost have been making bikes since 1994.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Which one has got a lifetime warranty and the support of one of the biggest importers in the uk?
    Which one is brought in by hotlines? 😉

forge197
    Free Member

Ghost is up to 5 years depending on model

Graham_Clark

If you’re a Trek size 19.5 virtual, 18.5 actual, I have a 2010 Fuel Ex 9 for sale, look here for £1500

Let me know if you’re interested… 🙂

Graham

stanleyfearncycles
    Free Member

As mentioned already,Trek give you a lifetime frame warranty but Ghost give 5 years.In our experience with various brands over many years,a lot more frame failures occur in years 5-10 than in the first 5 years.
    If you intend to keep the new bike a long time then the longer warranty ought to be a significant factor in the equation.

bigpole
    Free Member

I agree with the warranty theory, has any one have any experience with ghost after service?? Trek is a well established comp but still the value is great on ghosts.

forge197
    Free Member

It’s not like Ghost started last week they have a 17 year history. But granted Trek has been around longer, I have an small issue with a front wheel so I’ll see what that aftersales service is like when I get around to having it sorted.

Bregante

Well I’ve made my mind up after seeing them there ghosts the other week and I’m reluctantly gonna sell the Rocky Ridge and get me an AMR 5900!!!

forge197
    Free Member

Bregante – you won’t regret it

Bregante

forge197 – Member
    Bregante – you won’t regret it
    POSTED 6 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

first time I won’t have a hardtail/full sus combo though but I really fancy a short travel full boinger and there’s no way I’m selling the enduro, so….

forge197
    Free Member

Short travel full sus are great fun

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Ghost amr 5900 or Trek Fuel ex 8 ?’ is closed to new replies.