Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Ghetto tubless pressure survey
  • coffeeking
    Free Member

What sort of pressures do you run in your conversions? I recently got a track pump (instead of just using the hand pump) and pumped up my tubed tyres – thought "35 seems about right" – put 35 in and it felt WAY too hard so I dropped it to ~28-30ish. The last time I paid this much attention to tyre pressure was when I last fitted tubeless and I went for a value similar to my normal preference (probably 30ish by the feel of it) and I had the tyre roll off the rim in a corner.

I know it's all personal taste, I'm just curious as to the average sorts or pressures people use (and their body weight, I'm ~100kg).

Seamus
    Free Member

Just under 30psi front & just over 30psi rear (hardtail), don't really know why the difference, just habit I suppose. Also run ghetto tubeless on the front and proper UST on the rear due to 'burping' issues on the rear. I'm ~90kg

firestarter
    Free Member

28 in each for some reason just always have

13thfloormonk

I found 35 in my tubed tyres to be just about right, with a slight risk of pinch flats.

In my tubeless tyres i'm running 28, although they're probably slightly less than that.

I'm 11 stone-ish and have never had any issues with burping, I thought i cornered quite hard (for a 4" saddle-up hardtail anyway) but don't often land jumps sideways, so perhaps thats why.

uplink
    Free Member

25 front, 30 rear

2.35s on 719s

coffeeking
    Free Member

Seems like about 30ish should be about right then. I'll give it another go and see if I have burpy problems again.

I'm on fairly narrow x317 rims and 2.1's, they seem to pinch very easily with tubes.

vinnyeh

High 20's to low 30's depending on conditions- normally about 28.
    IMO integrated pressure gauges aren't accurate enough at these pressures- I always use a dedicated pressure gauge. A couple of psi can make a lot of difference to how the tyre works at these sort of pressures.

coffeeking
    Free Member

vinnyeh- I've never found a gauge that I could trust as "correct". I've seen differences of 2psi between dedicated digital ones on the same car tyre at the same time, I've seen +2 psi from a compressor gauge and -4 frmo a garage one. Bit of a minefield really!

uplink
    Free Member

I use the same gauge every time so it doesn't really have to be accurate – just consistent

coffeeking
    Free Member

That was my plan now, having finally got a track pump 🙂

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

With Nevs, 30/35 (according to the track pump) seemed to be the best feel between skitty and squirmy. I've done Advantages recently and suspect they can go a little lower as they have more rubber in them.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

UST – 25psi
    Normal ran tubeless – 28-30psi.

More flexible sidewalls on regular tyres require greater pressure to stop them being to squirmy. They all differ a little. I managed to run Tioga Fat 66 DH tyres at 18psi. That really was a magic carpet ride.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Ghetto tubless pressure survey’ is closed to new replies.