Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • ghetto tubeless, my tyres won’t inflate
  • ScotlandTheScared

Jon,
    I think Terry has a compressor doesnt he? Tim was inflating his ghetto tubeless at the cave last Thursday…

Terry is the expert at getting it to work – go round to his early tomorrow and sort it!

jonb
    Free Member

Finally! Cut out a section of rim tape and replaced it with some thinner stuff. Front one went up no soap easy. Infact it was slightly sticky from the previous soaping and this seemed to help. Next time I might try dipping the rim strip in coke and leaving overnight to dry.?!

Rear tyre still wouldn’t go so bit the bullet and used some of my new CO2 canisters, not ideal but at 50p i’ll just not have a coffee at lunch tomorrow and recover my loss. It’s also good to practice with new toys. Went up easily with CO2. More convenient (and probably cheaper) than finding a garage.

Hopefully this is the end of punctures….

hh45
    Free Member

Great thread but I still can’t inflate my racing ralphs onto stans Olympic rims using rim tape, wheel milk in the tyre to seal pores and around rims to help it stick to walls. Tried a track pump without the core and that didn’t work and now have just used a co2 cartridge but it went down in a matter of seconds. I have become quite good at getting ust tyres onto my 819 rims over the past 3 years but this is just impossible. Will be a new wheelset up for sale soon.

julioflo
    Free Member

JUST GOT RIM TO SEAT AND INFLATED!! All with track pump. Maxxis advantage 2.25 and crossrides.
    Mudt admit it was looking grim for a bit. CO2 didn't work then ran out…..
    SO poured some neat washing up liquid in area around valves and bead, turned wheel so valve lowest. Attach track pump and WENT ABSOLUTELY BALLISTIC! Lots of short quick pumps rather than long ones.
    NiCE

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘ghetto tubeless, my tyres won’t inflate’ is closed to new replies.