Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Ghetto tubeless (miracle then failure then slightly less miraculous content)
  • anono

Just managed to set up my second ghetto tubeless wheel.
    First attempt was easy – so I assumed it was a miracle, and was convinced about this when the second wheel (using a brand new, rather than old tyre) failed miserably.
    After a bit of googling, I changed the tube to a schwalbe super light, and ran the new tyre with a tube for a few miles. Tried the tubeless set up again with soapy water and a bit of elbow grease and the job, as they say, is a goodun’.

mattbee

I converted a Mavic 319 rim last week, 5 layers of electrical tape and a valve cut from a tube, with a Racing Ralph that had been used tubeless previously with Stan’s fluid. Went up easy as pie and has kept pressure perfectly.

mallorcadave
    Free Member

You can always use the old trick of turning your new tyres inside out and leaving them over night which helps to seperate the beads and makes them easier to inflate.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Ghetto tubeless (miracle then failure then slightly less miraculous content)’ is closed to new replies.