Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Ghetto tubeless inflator – thank you
  • votchy
    Free Member

Made one of these ghetto inflator yesterday using a 2l coke bottle and a couple of spare stans valves that I had, inflated to 60 psi and it popped 2011 Nobby nics on to a ghetto set up sweet as a nut, many thanks for your ingeniousness

Simon

Cool, I’ve got all the bits, just need to get on and make it.

votchy
    Free Member

Takes roughly 1/2 hr, used some car screen washer tube that I had in the garage and a set of mole grips to kink hose then just unclipped them and whoosh!

Ewan
    Free Member

Glad to see people are still looking at that thread!

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

I’ve used mine with great success… when the valve core is removed. With the core screwed in it won’t depress to let air in and inflate the tube. This is pressures of 40-80psi.
    Any ideas?

Entonox
    Free Member

I made one. Can’t recommended it enough. Brilliant.

GregMay
    Free Member

This is on my ‘to-do’ list for tomorrow, 3 wheels to get done, hoping this will help! Trip to the LBS for some valves first, no punctured tubes here 🙂

oldnpastit

Yep, I made one as well. It really looks like it shouldn’t work, but it does!

dirtbiker100 – yes, with the valve core in place it doesn’t work; I just remove the valve core and get the tyre seated.

Gribs

Rather than making anything I just pumped my spare car tyre up to 50psi and then attached it to the bike wheel using the adaptor from my mini pump. It inflated instantly without even any sealant or washing up liquid, 2.25 nobby nic btw.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Ghetto tubeless inflator – thank you’ is closed to new replies.