Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Getting to London Victoria from Euston
  • Tom-B
    Free Member

…with a snowboard and luggage!

What’s the best way? Having never been on the Underground, will it be a nightmare taking a snowboard on? How much is a taxi likely to cost?

kimbers

depends on the time, but its not that hard, ive done it

now getting a bike bag on, that was a tough

theflatboy
    Free Member

Victoria Line, no problem unless you’re talking rush hour.

tomhoward

Takes 8 mins with no changes.

Think thats hard? Travel/going outside on your own isn’t for you.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Well, it is mostly downhill….

You’ll be fine on the tube, unless it’s peak rush hour that is. Pretty easy to walk over to King’s Cross, then no changes to Victoria.

Cab would be between fifteen to twenty quid, I reckon.

😉

BigJohn

7 mins. With a snowboard you’ll get down the escalators really fast.

jfletch
    Free Member

MTFU

(I’m not a Londoner but I would have thought a bus would be a good option since there wouldn’t be miles of narrow escalators to navigate with two big bags.)

scuttler

Depends if there’s a tube strike on…

Otherwise follow the blue line towards Brixton and get off at Victoria. Should be a piece of cake outside rush hour and even then the tube’s not for exclusive use of brief case (rucksac) carrying biznissmen

And buy a rail ticket to all the way to Victoria or get a zone 1 ticket when you buy your train ticket so you don’t have to faff with queues or machines for an underground ticket when you get to Euston.

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/ticket_types/46587.aspx

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Depends if there’s a tube strike on…

This is a very, very good point!

As is this;

And buy a rail ticket to all the way to Victoria or get a zone 1 ticket when you buy your train ticket so you don’t have to faff with queues or machines for an underground ticket when you get to Euston.

theflatboy
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member

Pretty easy to walk over to King’s Cross, then no changes to Victoria.

And the first stop on the tube if you did that would be… Euston! 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Oh yeah. D’oh! Shows how often I use the underground! 😳

Tom-B
    Free Member

It’ll be early afternoon on a Friday. Tube it is!

schnullelieber
    Free Member

At that time it should be easy. I used to do that trip everyday – if it is busy the back end of that train is usually much less packed than the front.

aP
    Free Member

Make sure it is early afternoon, as the Friday evening rush hour starts quite early. Also don’t do the things that’ll get you funny looks (or just pushed out of the way):
    Do stand on the right on the escalators, and don’t block them with all your stuff
    Don’t put your stuff on the seats on the train, or stop others from using them
    Do use the wide aisled gates to get through at the ticket gateline
    Don’t stop dead as soon as you step off an escalator – you will be pushed out of the way, as its dangerous
    Have fun!

hot_fiat

Are you going to Gatwick by any chance? You could always get a thameslink train from St Pancras / Kings cross all the way there.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Nah I’m just going to Victoria then onto the Alps via coach :-/ the small savings that I’ve made over flying are looking less and less worth it as the trip approaches!

tomhoward

Do stand on the right on the escalators, and don’t block them with all your stuff

Wish people outside of London knew this rule :evil:. At Leeds it’s a bloody free for all.

hot_fiat

OOH, have done that a couple of times. (shudder)

I’d advise* taking two aspirin and then getting right royally smashed on cheap whisky as you arrive into France. Tesco everyday value is perfect. You’ll wake up in the resort oblivious to the 14-hour misery of your fellow travelers. A snow bath will then remove any traces of hangover.

*this may or may not be good advice.

crikey
    Free Member

Remember to make lots of eye contact and do have a friendly chat with all the people you sit near on the train; those chirpy Londoners love a bit of uninvited conversation and are always ready to pass the time of day with visitors to their city!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Getting to London Victoria from Euston’ is closed to new replies.