Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Getting to Lady Cannings from Sheffield centre
  • kraken2345
    Free Member

So I live near Kelham Island and don’t have access to a car but want to ride to Lady Cannings to try cooking on gas tomorrow. I’ve ridden the other trail a few months ago and rode from mine but the route I rode felt complex and most of all, had a really long, dull climb up a meandering road at the end which I believe is called Ringinglow Rd. Was wondering if there was a better/more common access route that people ride as it’s around 7 miles from me so making getting there better/easier means I can ride properly for longer. Some others mentioned coming up through Eccy Rd but figured I’d ask here first before turning to trial and error. Cheers.

Tracey

Our daughter regularly pedals up from uni to that area. She goes up through Endcliffe Park and follows the paths all the way up to the llama farm and a yellow building should bring you out in that area
    Google maps and cycling shows it

chrisrobs
    Free Member

If you cycle up the university roundabout, then head down brocco bank to endcliffe park. You can cycle out through endcliffe and all way to Cannings. It s a bit boring and tame but much nicer than going on the roads.

kraken2345
    Free Member

Ok, thanks for confirming. I’ll give it a go tomorrow then

ahwiles
    Free Member

There is (supposed to be) a route out from the station, in theory at least, you’re meant to be able to follow the blue cycle route signs from the station. Sustrans ncn Route 6 or something? Marked with a millstone symbol.

It’ll get you to the parks, and then just keep heading up…

(A few more signs wouldn’t hurt, but with a little practise it’s quite a nice route really)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Getting to Lady Cannings from Sheffield centre’ is closed to new replies.