Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Getting tires off rims
  • eddiebaby
    Free Member

You’ll regret it. Should have gone tubeless..
    And got a Weldite kit for fixing bigger tubeless holes.

breadcrumb

😳

Punctures even.

I’ll blame the predictive text, yes that’s right it was the predictive text. Not an early morning brain fart moment.

Harry_the_Spider

You’ll regret it.

Can’t say it has bothered me over the last 20 years.

granny_ring

HTS are these the same tyres that you were singing about on the trigger bargain thread? 😉

STATO
    Free Member

Why would you fit a rim strip when it’s got tubeless tape. Rim strips in addition to the tape serve no purpose.

Northwind

Not even that, they create extra problems- fill up the rim well and make it harder to remove and fit tyres, ironically. (I’ve swapped to using tubeless tape or electric even on non-tubeless rims, it’s lighter and works better. Only downside is changing spokes)

Harry_the_Spider

HTS are these the same tyres that you were singing about on the trigger bargain thread?

Yep. They’re alright until you get a puncture.

Why would you fit a rim strip when it’s got tubeless tape. Rim strips in addition to the tape serve no purpose.

Why would you fit tubes at all? Either tube or tubeless. Not some half-assed halfway house. The tubeless tape is wafer thin and offers nothing other than an air tight seal. Wrestling the tire off nicks the tape and burrs the rim below as the tape offers no protection, so the tubes blows when you put it in… if you can get the damn tire off.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Getting tires off rims’ is closed to new replies.