Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Getting Time pedals serviced?? Where?
  • carlos
    Free Member

Ok so I’ve had my Time Z Controls for about 14 months now and I’ve noticed that whilst they are still super smooth on the bearings and axel, one of the retainer springs (the one you can’t adjust) is a bit loose and seems like the tension has gone. Therefore on that side of the pedal the release is quite slack.

The question is who in the Uk is the service centre? Ie Fox = Mojo. I’ve looked on the net and can’t find anything useful, or even if it’s a serviceable item.

Cheers

Shackleton

Best place to ask about spares or an official service centre would probably be ExtraUK as they are the importers.

carlos
    Free Member

Cheers, that’s what I couldn’t find

AndyPaice
    Free Member

The reason the springs go slack/rattly is that the steel spring has worn a groove into the ally pedal body, reducing the ‘preload’ on the spring. Not a lot you can do about that. Mine always wear that way as the bearings seem long lasting.

You can always try wedging a thin bit of sheet metal under the end of the spring to put tension back on it

carlos
    Free Member

I don’t know what it is tbh and it’s only one of the rear springs on one of the pedals. The other three sides are still nice and tight.
    Anyway I’ve spoke to a nice chap at ExtraUk and I’ll be sending them off with my POP and a short note as requested

carlos
    Free Member

Well a very nice man from Time called me today to let me know that a new set of DH4’s are on their way to me FOC as a replacement for my Z controls I sent in.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Getting Time pedals serviced?? Where?’ is closed to new replies.