Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Getting the confidence in the bike back
  • _tom_
    Free Member

Had a pretty hard crash last weekend, I can’t really remember exactly how I landed but it involved a pinch flat on the front so must have been quite front wheel heavy? Anyway I’m not back on the bike yet as my shoulder’s still sore, but I’m worried about doing anything big/hard on the bike again as I have a niggle in the back of my mind that the forks are damaged. It seems quite irrational as I’ve checked it all over can’t see any cracks, twists or bends. Think I’m just being stupidly paranoid. Anyone else had this feeling and how did you get over it without resorting to buying a new bike/fork?

Bike is a DMR Trailstar LT with a Pike 454 dual air, wheel’s an EX721 on a Pro 2 which was knocked slightly out of true. Please reassure me it can take a harder beating than a crash on the big tabletop at FOD (17st rider as well)?

Northwind

Bike and fork are tough as old boots… With the fork it’d be noticable if it was bent or broken, if not visibly then when you ride it. The wheel’s strong too but it might be worth getting it checked over anyway, if only for the reassurance, probably just needs trued back in.

_tom_
    Free Member

Sort of had a go at truing the wheel as best I can with limited knowledge, it sometimes makes a few pings now so I think I must have overtightened some of the spokes >_>

Trekster

Know what you mean.
    Had an off and broke a bone in my hand. 2 fingers are still very stiff and I cannot grip the bars fully.
    Had my first ride on Fri and struggled with both fitness and techy stuff.
    Holding on and braking with only 3 functional fingers is proving problematic 🙄

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I never worry about the bike letting me down. That’s my department 🙂

Speshpaul

Hi Tom
    MTFU and get on with it;-)
    Don’t worry mate, i broken my tib and fib last year in a silly little off, and i just rode my bike, even if its just outside your house. Just enjoy the feeling of riding your bike and it will all could back.
    If you are anywhere near shrewsbury i’ll tension and true your wheel for you.
    Cheers
    paul

shortcut

I had this issue a few weeks back when I piled hard into the ground off the 29er with On One Carbon forks. The bike make a big cracking noise.

I was concerned for a bit but all seemed well on inspection and initial tentative riding. Now forgotten all about the issue.

Pikes are as tough as old boots so should be fine.

Start your next ride gently though and build confidence rather than leaping from the tallest building within the first 10 yards of slinging a leg over.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Getting the confidence in the bike back’ is closed to new replies.