Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Getting someone riding again!
  • turtleheading
    Free Member

Im trying to get a mate who has got a sweet bike to start riding again. He keeps complaining about fitness, cold, and being french!

Anyone got any good videos to get him physced?

iDave
    Free Member

why are you doing that? why should he ride if he doesn’t want to?

turtleheading
    Free Member

Because he spent a grand on a hardtail at the end of last summer, and its criminal to leave it rusting in his garage.

Plus, I know secretly he wants to ride!

iDave
    Free Member

surely it’s none of your business what he does with his time or money

PhilAmon
    Free Member

You could kidnap him and his bike, take them to the top of an awesome mountain and leave them there, his only option would be to ride down then! Thus rediscovering his lost love

turtleheading
    Free Member

IanMunro
    Free Member

He keeps complaining about fitness, cold, and being french

All good reasons.
    Anyway you’ve got your work cut out extolling the joys of mountain biking this time of year.

turtleheading
    Free Member

elaineanne
    Free Member

is he french ? lol
    yeah take him out, no point in that bike rusting away… 😉 other than that tell him your going to put ihis bike on ebay if he doesnt get out ! lol

turtleheading
    Free Member

redthunder
    Free Member

Suggest differing rides. Rather than just a blast around the local wood [which is great]

General loops including urban. Stop off at interesating stuff.. We stumbled on a guy the other day with a HArris HAwk and stopped for ages taking pix. We always end up finding something interesting 🙂 Makes me ride anyway.

Vary it up a bit 🙂 Dont for forget Cake stops.

PS Hawk stuff here if interested,

http://www.zooomr.com/photos/15397@Z01/

fourbanger
    Free Member

I gave up riding for a bit and got fat and unhealthy and generally got a bit depressed. I let myself go and let myself down. With some encouragement I got back on it, I’m back up to 5 bikes and I’m putting in 200Km a week minimum.
    I’ve tried to do the same with some of my friends who have settled down, got too cozy, grown lazy and fat and generally given up. Some have risen to the challenge and are out enjoying themselves, some have chosen to sit in their slankets watching crap tv and being fed by their other halves like IDave.
    I think you’re doing a good thing. Good luck.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Getting someone riding again!’ is closed to new replies.