• This topic has 44 replies, 29 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by cbike.
Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Getting rid of pigeons
  • IHN

So are wasps, rats, foxes etc – it doesn’t mean I want them in my garden.

Why not? Wasps keep the numbers of other insects down, rats eat slugs and snails which are probably even worse for your garden and foxes are ace (unless you have chickens, but then it’s your job to protect them from the foxes, not to get rid of the foxes)

johndoh
    Free Member

Why not? Wasps keep the numbers of other insects down, rats eat slugs and snails which are probably even worse for your garden and foxes are ace (unless you have chickens, but then it’s your job to protect them from the foxes, not to get rid of the foxes)

Why not? Because I would rather they are not in my garden, I understand all this Circle of Life stuff, but they can do it elsewhere as far as I am concerned.

CountZero

What you want is an autonomous automatic gun, a bit like this one:
    [video]https://youtu.be/nTs7VRFV36c[/video]
    Ought to be good for cats as well.
    😉

Scapegoat

Big metal chicken in a prominent spot.

Seems to work for us at keeping some of the thicker birds off the veg.

So all you need to scare thick birds away is a huge cock?
    Sure there’s a joke in there somewhere…….

BTW, anybody suggesting shooting them needs to read up on the terms of the general licence.
    https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/wild-birds-licence-to-take-or-kill-for-health-or-safety-purposes

Note these paragraphs:

“You can only use this licence to preserve public health or public safety.

You can’t use this licence to kill birds because they are damaging your property, such as your car or house, or if they’re a nuisance.”

cbike
    Free Member

Disturbing the site a lot seemed to work for me. The population changed too so they might move on.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Getting rid of pigeons’ is closed to new replies.