Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Getting rid of my mojo, epic or blur xc??
  • Wookster

Right was lucky enough to buy a ibis mojo, dream bike and a one off, but I just can't get on with it. I have decided to keep the groupset etc but sell off the forks and frame and start over (got a big birthday next year 🙂 ) I wanted a marathon xc bike really so is an epic or blur xc worth a look?? I have my five for more lively (read as mincing) riding…. Any one got either bike or a suggestion??

vinnyeh

not really, but could you drop me details of the Mojo if you're selling please, email in profile.

neninja
    Free Member

You've obviously got the cash so I'd say go for an Giant Anthem X Advanced SL – the best real world 4" XC bike – about £2,500 for a frame

njee20
    Free Member

Having had 3 Epics and now a Top Fuel I'd go with the Fuel myself.

The Epic's being slightly revised for 2011, so it may be worth waiting for that, unless you can get a good deal on a 2010 one. There weren't many around in the first place, so you may not find much stock.

The key thing is to get some demos, you can read 50 opinions, but it may bear no real world resemblance to what you think!

Saccades
    Free Member

Merida 96

Wookster

Vinnyeh, it's an xl in blue will pop in in the classifieds or in flea bay mate.

pete68
    Free Member

I have a blur xc and its a superb bike for marathon type rides. I've ridden the bucks offroad sportive,rough ride,mayhem,brass monkeys and some regular xc races on it this year and have been very pleased with it.The frame stiffness is really noticable when you put your foot down.I've got mine set up with 120mm forks which makes it more of an allrouder than a pure xc bike, though a 100mm fork is fine if you're more into racing.

ojom
    Free Member

but I just can't get on with it.

What do you mean by this?

Is it something you can resolve by not buying a new bike…? From experience, it is rarely the bike at fault.

njee20
    Free Member

If he wants a 4" travel race bike and has a 6" travel trail bike, it seems reasonable it's just not the right bike! Not at fault, just not what he wants.

ojom
    Free Member

Yeah – i read that but i was interested to see why he doesn't get on with it.

Wondering if it was a 'not getting on' because it's too big for the riding he does or because he thinks it is unsuitable for marathon etc.

(It's 5" BTW :wink:)

Anyway, idle curiosity. Mine seems to be pretty flexible build wise and can do quite a lot.

As another suggestion – look at the Yeti ASR5 too.

Wookster

It's a feel thing really, feels a bit short, great bike very fast but not bitten by it like say my five or bfe? I want a more xc type bike than trail bike?!?
    Thanks for the info Pete, anyone know of a demo bikeother than stif?? Leeds is a fair old trek from home!!

njee20
    Free Member

As another suggestion – look at the Yeti ASR5 too.

That's still a 5" travel trail bike though…

Mine seems to be pretty flexible build wise and can do quite a lot.

Sure it is, but I'll wager my Top Fuel is quicker in a race situation.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like a Mojo (in fact if I gave up racing it's what I'd buy), but if the OP's now considering an Epic-esque bike then that's a pretty big difference, and would suggest his riding simply doesn't warrant the sort of terrain in which a Mojo would excel.

Aren't they 140mm travel? 5.51", I'll round to 6 🙂

pete68
    Free Member

Wookster, go to your local SC dealer and they should be able to sort a test ride. Santa Cruz UK have a fleet of test bikes which they send out to your shop.I got my test bike via Mountain trax and was able to keep hold of it for 48 hours so you get a prper feel for it.

br
    Free Member

I had the same problem with an S-Works Enduro, just couldn't get on with it…

Looking back though I wish I'd tried a few more changes before selling (the frame) – different stems/bars/posts/forks etc – and even probably been worth looking at longer cranks.

As for a marathon bike, +1 Anthem X.

Wookster

Thanks I'll have a look at the dealers. As for the bike I have a 140 tough bike which is all I wanted my mistake was getting the mojo as a marathon bike thinking that i'll have the back up of a longer bike but not have the weight.

But a year or so down the line I hve just got the wrong bike and so need to make room for a new bike in the next year or so after a shed load of test rides, had a stumpy loved it first test ride out same with the five the mojo is just not for me….which is a sh*t after 18 months of saving!! Still live and learn! 8)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Getting rid of my mojo, epic or blur xc??’ is closed to new replies.