Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • getting rid of gravel
  • joemarshall
    Free Member

I am clearing the pointless gravel that the last person covered our yard with, so I have a load of gravel that I want to get rid of, I think it is going to be about 15-20 rubble bags full of perfectly usable largish stones.

It seems a waste to take it to the tip, does anyone have any tips of how to get it to someone who might want it?

Or if anyone on here wants a vast quantity of largish gravel and can pick up from Belper, Derbyshire, some point after next Saturday, you're welcome to it – I'll bag it and help load it.

Joe

DT78
    Free Member

When I was doing the same 2 years ago – the missus asked at work and apparently there was a stampede of people who wanted it…..I ad already bagged it, so they just had to turn up and load it.

Maybe put something in the freeads?

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

If you've got a local freecycle/freegle group then stick it on there.

nbt

Aye, stick on freecycle, the builders will be beating a path to your door. If I could transport that much I'd be there myself, but 15-20 bags would probably overtax my car a bit 😉

IanMunro
    Free Member

The trick I saw once in a film was to sew false pockets in your trousers, fill them up with gravel and then sneakily sprinkle it elsewhere when no one else is looking.

Del

local trail building?

rootes1

freecycle – or stick it on ebay for 1p with buyer(s) to collect

guy on this thread might want some gravel

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/garden-a-swamphow-to-drain-it

😆

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘getting rid of gravel’ is closed to new replies.