• This topic has 19 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by tsd.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Getting rid of cats (not permanently!)
  • marko75
    Free Member

I have a cat constantly s***ing in my garden. I have tried the sensor/sonic from amazon and it was appalling.

Welcome any suggestions to make my garden an unwelcome place to spend a penny. Please bear in mind that i dont want to wait by a window with a supersoaker – I have bought GTA5 and would rather play that than shot and fricking pooping moggies.

Ta

trout
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIbkLjjlMV8[/video]

fudge9202
    Free Member

Plastic clear bottles filled with water they do not like to see their reflection or slices of citrus fruits stuck in the soil, works for us

456mocha
    Free Member

Cats are very territorial.
    Get yourself a cat at the others will stay away.

I have made a ‘sandy corner’ in our back garden to encourage our cat to use one spot only. I think our neighbours cats use it too tho. 🙁

or try one of these:
    >>> Cat repellent options <<<

hainman
    Free Member

+1 for the plastic bottles.my dad has done it for years.take labels off them and half fill and fling them about your garden

sbob
    Free Member

Supersoaker.
    Also works on the neighbour’s kids.

Saccades
    Free Member

grow garlic where it’s taking a dump.

fatboyjon

Why not permanently? Will you be happy to scrape up some foul creatures poo at some point in the future?

bellefied
    Free Member

trout – Member [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uIbkLjjlMV8[/video]

that’s brilliant, can you set it up with a flame thrower to deter bike thieves?

bellefied
    Free Member

similar? but easier to set up

rob-jackson
    Free Member

fatboyjon – Member
    Why not permanently? Will you be happy to scrape up some foul creatures poo at some point in the future?

POSTED 8 MINUTES AGO #

Why would you be shitting in his garden?

Markie
    Free Member

That video is glorious.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Wheelie-bin, just make sure there’s no CCTV in view…

backtothetop
    Free Member

Annoying as it is, id rather pick up a
    cat shit or 2 a day in a plastic bag then kill someones beloved pet and deny the animal the right to life just over a small mess in the garden. The best method is to get a dog or cat and let that defend its territory, although remember if you have a dog then you will be responsible for picking the dogs mess up and if you get a cat then it will be using your neighbours garden as a toilet.

squin
    Free Member

Orange peel worked for us. Squeezed the juice all over the area too.

zero-cool
    Free Member

It took me ages to teach it to poop in your garden, you’ll be undoing all my hard work.

Northwind

Build a moat, fill it with petrol.

yorlin
    Free Member
    somafunk

I have the same problem in my front garden, my bed is near to the window that overlooks the front garden and the stink of cat shit in the summer was doing my head in, i tried all the usual tips mentioned above and a few others but they kept coming back so a mate came up wi the idea of very fine monofiliment netting, i staked out a few square meters of this and voila!…i caught myself a few pussy cats which seems to have done the trick as they got tangled up and i had to release them but thankfully they now stay clear of my garden, no more hitting the cat turds wi the lawnmower and almost throwing up and i can lie on the grass now. I may try it next year in the back garden as the furry **** rendered my herb plot unusable due to their crapping, on the plus side Toby finds them very entertaining as he lies inside the shed till they come right into the garden then goes jack russell/batshit mental towards them, i didn’t realise cats could climb up the side of a house.

tsd
    Free Member

Have been using this stuff http://www.wilko.com/pests-control/wilko-repellent-granules-cat+dog-500g/invt/0330910 to deter the half dozen cats that liked our freshly dug over garden beds. It was a every three days application for the first six weeks but now down to every other week. Just need to remember to do it after heavy rain washes it away. It does smell strong though.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Getting rid of cats (not permanently!)’ is closed to new replies.