Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • getting rid of car child-seats
  • scaredypants

… the “whole extra seat that sits on top of the existing seats” type. They use the existing seatbelts & just raise the kid up a bit, so have no anchor points that would be subject to stress but I’ve offered to 2 charity shops who “can’t take them as they may not be safe”

am I going to end up binning them ? 🙁

bruneep

Yup or free on gumtree

rob2
    Free Member

It’s bonkers. No one would take our baby car seat. Almost like new and only used for about 4 months. Terrible but I understand but just seems wrong.

But we need booster seats for our two. Might well take them off your hands (reading / Oxford area) if they’re ok?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Tiger6791

Freecycle

scaredypants

Southampton way – still interested ? (CBA posting, to be honest)

scaredypants

tried to shift a climbing frame on freecycle – waste of time so don’t have much faith in that

geoffj

Childseat manufacturers have been extremely succesful in pedalling the ‘you mustn’t use a second hand car seat line because it might have been in a crash and your child will die’ line. They are simple structures which can be examined very easily to see if there has been any damage. Bonkers.

I might just start a campaign!

rob2
    Free Member

Bummer that’s a bit far really – petrol wise. I’ll check if anyone from work commutes in from the coast.

molgrips
    Free Member

They are simple structures

Boosters yes, full on car seats less so I’d have thought. Just getting the cover off is a faff enough with all the nooks and crannies, on some.

geoffj

Just getting the cover off is a faff enough with all the nooks and crannies, on some.

With the number of child / puke / car seat incidents as i’ve had, I could probably do it blinfolded 😀

GrahamS

Yep, charity shops and NCT etc are unlikely to take them.

Stick em on eBay – if you just want rid of them then put them on as a pick-up only charity auction.

molgrips
    Free Member

I thought our daughter was not susceptible to car sickness. However I found out that if you throw it around enough on twisty Alpine roads she will eventually puke.

geoffj

We once took the kids over Wyrnose pass en route to the Ravenglass railway. I thought we’d done really well. Mrs J opened the rear door and Junior 1 projectile vomited all over her. Oh how we I laughed.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘getting rid of car child-seats’ is closed to new replies.