Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Getting Reverb to Stay Put in Blue Pig X seat tube.
  • chris_db
    Free Member

So, if I tighten my seat clamp (Hope) enough to stop the Reverb slipping down then it sticks and won’t return to max extension under its own steam.

I’m guessing this has something to do with the fact that the Blue Pig X comes with a shim to increase the seat tube diameter to 34.9 as the wall thickness of the steel seat tube matched to a 30.9 internal dia adds up to some weird number.

Anyone figured out a solution? I was thinking of fitting an external shim that would sit between the seat tube and the reverb collar. What do you think?

Cheers

Chris

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Crushing Reverbs = BAD!!

Where does the Shim go? is it outside?

Can you get the correct size clamp? I use a non QR one now I have a dropper which may increase your options.

chris_db
    Free Member

Yeah, shim is on the outside and I’m using a Hope non QR clamp.

What about some sort of thread lock/carbon fixing compound instead of grease?

Sure am not keen on crushing the reverb and no mistake.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

if I tighten my seat clamp (Hope) enough to stop the Reverb slipping down then it sticks and won’t return to max extension under its own steam.

Either you need to tweak the settings or you are already crushing it.
    Probably some Carbon Assembly paste would help but not used it on a non carbon interface.

Having the same issue on the missus LTc double Peril of crushing reverb and frame

chris_db
    Free Member

Think I might just swap it out and sell the Reverb.

JoeG
    Free Member

I have a KS Lev, and the instructions say NOT to use grease for installation. They say to use either carbon paste or anti-sieze. Carbon paste may allow the seatpost to stay put with a lot less force on the seat clamp.

Edit – sell the dropper? Are you crazy? 😯

robarnold
    Free Member

Either you need to tweak the settings or you are already crushing it.
    Probably some Carbon Assembly paste would help but not used it on a non carbon interface.

Having the same issue on the missus LTc double Peril of crushing reverb and frame

Your missus has an LTc?! What on earth does that mean you ride…….a gold plated version bonded by angels?!

mmel
    Free Member

I use copper slip on the LEV in my piglet and that seems to work. You need something that doesn’t lubricate but also stops the aluminium post binding with the steel frame. As much as a little slippage is annoying its not nearly as bad as your expensive seatpost welding itself stuck!

legend
    Free Member

JoeG – Member
    I have a KS Lev, and the instructions say NOT to use grease for installation. They say to use either carbon paste or anti-sieze.

Reverb instructions say exactly the same thing, but it appears the OP hasn’t bothered looking

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yep she has the ltc I have a heckler she just treated herself.

tomaso
    Free Member

Yep anti-sieze not grease will men it stays put with out the need for over tightening the clamp

chris_db
    Free Member

Weell, the OP is not one for reading the instructions on anything!

Thanks for the advice, I will remove the grease forthwith.

Chris

Pridds

Thomson seatclamps are also better at getting tight with not as much force.

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Carbon paste – job done.

Did it on my Solaris and it worked a treat 🙂

chris_db
    Free Member

I tried a Thomson clamp but it had insufficient clearance to fully tighten up; hence the Hope.

Now fitted with carbon paste. I shall let you know!

C

chiefgrooveguru

I had this problem with a Gravity Dropper on my Soul with a Hope QR. Swapped the Hope for a reversed Thomson clamp and it’s been perfect ever since.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Getting Reverb to Stay Put in Blue Pig X seat tube.’ is closed to new replies.