Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Getting photos off an old iPhone
  • Daniel
    Free Member

My Dad has given me an old iphone without the sim to give to the kids to use as an ipod touch. He wants the photos off it before I wipe it. Its an old one thats been sat in a drawer for a long time. He has since changed his macbook and it won’t sinc with it or mine, so we can’t get the photos off using iphoto. Any ideas?

Thanks

nealglover
    Free Member

Set up a gmail address.
    Set it up on the phone using wifi and email them to yourself ?

Frankers
    Free Member

Plug it into your PC with the supplied USB lead, it will show in explorer

Holyzeus
    Free Member

I email them to myself

drlex
    Free Member

Can you install any apps on it? If so, an app like photosync can transfer pictures to and from the iPhone using a wireless network. Alternatively, there are programs that you can run on a Mac/PC to extract data when connected – I use PhoneView to copy texts & messages. Depending on the version of firmware & Windows, it may show up as a digital camera and you can download the photos without third party software.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

As someone who’s exceed the max 5 pc sync limit on an iphone I can confirm that it does indeed still show up in windows explorer and you can drag and drop from there.

No itunes etc (well I didnt look into a workaround too much tbh).

Obviously no help if you’ve no windows.

turbo1397
    Free Member

If all else fails you could use idump.. lets you pull any files from an iphone/pod..

CountZero

Use Dropbox, that will automatically download photos, but there are all the above options. You can select several photos at a time and email them to yourself in batches, to make the process quicker, as well.

kiddaclo
    Free Member

Use ifunbox and you can get most things off your iPhone http://www.i-funbox.com/

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Getting photos off an old iPhone’ is closed to new replies.