Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Getting photos off an I-phone to a Vista PC
  • sweaman2
    Free Member

So I joined the 21st century and have an I-phone. Took some photos over the weekend and I’m stumped as to how to get them onto my PC. I have I-tunes and it is synced with the phone but all the options I could see on I-Tunes were about putting stuff onto the I-phone and not the other way around.

I’ve enabled the cloud photostream but that only seems to work for photos taken after it was enabled.. so going forward I think I’m good but I’m left with 20 odd photos from the weekend that I can’t transfer. My current plan is to mail them to myself but this seems a bit extreme… hoping the STW mind has a more elegant solution.

Thanks

steveoath
    Free Member

Don’t have an iPhone, but could you email them to yourself?

Markie
    Free Member

hmm. on Windows XP or 7, you go

>Start (button at bottom left of screen)

>Computer (takes you to where you can see all your drives

You then see your phone listed there as a drive and right click on it, then get the option to import pictures. It will ask you where you want them put and if you want to delete them from your phone after they’ve been moved.

jam-bo

plug it in. should be there as a drive.

sweaman2
    Free Member

That’s what I thought (about the drive) but last night it wasn’t there so was wondering if I was missing something..

Markie
    Free Member

Does this help?

Basically, turn off the bit that automatically opens iTunes when you plug your phone in, and choose the import files option?

comedyphil
    Free Member

I use an app called wifi photo transfer- clue is in the name! IT was free when I got it, don’t know about now. Works pretty well – connect phone to home wifi, open app, put IP address given by app into browser on computer and download!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Getting photos off an I-phone to a Vista PC’ is closed to new replies.