Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Getting over jet lag
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Well, DV, that’s how those of us out in da hood roll, blood! Yagetme?

(Still owe you an email re knives, btw! Keep forgetting!)

daftvader
    Free Member

I getu! Blud! You village hoods are sic man! 😀 and anytime on the knives, I’m not going anywhere, getting my photos done tomorrow for website duties so will hopefully have that up and running by the end of the month…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Alcohol and caffeine…
    Stay up late, sleep well a day wake up crack on… Worst for me is going 2-3hrs out when working flying to wa I’m awake at 5am every morning then finally sync on the day I head back.

Sundayjumper

I find it very difficult to sleep while sitting up, so long haul is really difficult for me. When we went to NZ I basically didn’t sleep for 30+ hours, on top of the jet lag it left me feeling like a zombie for a couple of days. After we got to our friends’ place and unpacked etc. I ended up falling asleep on lounge floor next to their dog !

The best I can do is (as others have said) start living the destination time zone as soon as I get on the plane. That doesn’t always line up with the meal times but it’s the best I can do.

Flying west is much easier. I just feel tired earlier than normal in the evening and wake up a bit early too. That’s easier to power through than the other way around (can’t sleep at night and then oversleep in the morning).

metcalt

Isn’t the advice to walk around barefoot on a rug and make fists with your toes? Just keep your shoes in your hand in case someone smashes all your glass.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I was just remembering my last few, arriving in Sydney at 7:30am and not getting onto my regional flight till 3pm do help, shower, breakfast, lunch and wine in the lounge helps

Rockape63
    Free Member

Ive had a fortnight holiday in the 5-6 hrs time difference every year Caribbean/USA for about 7 years and have no probs slotting in when I arrive, but coming back kills me for days.

This year We’re flying back from the West Coast on a Sunday and going to work on the Monday…..yikes! I’m actually a bit worried about it, so thinking of stocking up on Red Bull to get me through the days. I won’t take pills, so hoping this helps. Anyone done it?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Gone left, gone right, gone up and down. For me it’s luck of the draw about the seat, flight, time of day and how good the warm up drinks are.

boltonjon

Travel with work every 4 to 6 weeks – mostly to the states or canada, both east & west coast

Always get an early flight out, have a late breakfast and always remain sober on the plane. Never ever sleep on the outward bound flight

Once i have landed stay awake as long as i can – 9 or 10pm minimum and drink lots of coffee to get myself there

Always wake up at 4am but treat the next 2 hours as a lie in

then i’ll sleep to 5 or 6am the next day and not suffer with any mid afternoon fatigue

On the flight home i’ll aim for a late flight, abuse the expenses in the airport bar and then get some more wine on the plane. Maybe watch one movie then sleep until landing.

Land early to late morning and then force myself to stay awake until 9pm again – even if it means going to work

My body clock is then back to normal the next morning

win win 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Getting over jet lag’ is closed to new replies.