Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Getting old and thinking of a change. Intense M1 to…
  • notsosilentbob
    Free Member

Hi all.
    I’ve been plodding around on my old intense m1 for about a decade and have decided I’m a bit geriatric for it ( but really fancy a new bike hehe) and have been thinking about going back to a hard tail. Haven’t looked for ages but I see long travel ht’s are quite popular. Nearly spent out on a Cotic but caught myself in the nick of time, started looking around and found a Sunn Tsar 1 at chain reaction for about half price. Looks like a nice spec for the money and thought I would open the question to the hive to see what the general consensus was.
    Many thanks!

bikeneil
    Free Member

Cotic!

End of thread

notsosilentbob
    Free Member

Unfortunately a house restoration prohibits that sort of outlay:-)

ratherbeintobago

Kona Honzo, as recommended on this thread?

notsosilentbob
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestion, but I’m struggling with all these new fangled wheel sizes. Been riding 26 for about the same number of years and I’m about used to it now:-)

thebrowndog
    Free Member

OnOne Inbred 26? Not the lightest frames out there, bit flexy and the paint is wafer thin but they’re cheap as chips and have nice geometry. I’d have a Cotic Soul in a second if I could afford one of course, but the Inbred will do till then.

notsosilentbob
    Free Member

You’re really selling it to me haha
    I had started off thinking about a 456 carbon evo and moving things across from the intense but by the time I’d priced for new pin and some other consumables it was over £500 so started looking at a bike. The sunn seemed to have the best kit/£ with the option to move it onto a different frame in a year if I get bored. See my logic:-)

danti

If comfort is a priority (with you looking at carbon frames) I’d keep
    an eye out for a decent quality Mk1 Soul with the 27.2 seat post. They could take up to a 130mm fork.

kayak23

plodding around on my old intense m1 for about a decade

Not the best pedalling bikes. Must have been hard work..

M1 is obviously a downhill bike. You want a downhill-biased hardtail?
    Or do you want a general hardtail to rag about on?

I had an M1. Wicked bike. I have a Dialled PA for my hardtail now.
    Dialled, Cotic, On One etc…. dare I say much of a muchness?…

ratherbeintobago

Thanks for the suggestion, but I’m struggling with all these new fangled wheel sizes.

I’m sure you’ll cope with the 4% bigger 650B wheels, or the 10% bigger 29er wheels, unless you’re planning to reuse wheels etc.?

ads678

I’ve just bought a sevond hand ragley blue pig frame to replace an old orange 5. Got old coil pikes and 1×10 with zee kit and I think it’s the best bike I’ve ever ridden. Eats the downs and doesn’t pedal too badly either.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

This Abyss Hardtail?

Are you selling the M1?

notsosilentbob
    Free Member

Nope, I’m going to strip it down and frame it! It’s been brilliant:-)
    Ta much for the other suggestions. Not too worried about a downhill bias but I do find it quite a comfortable position rather than long racing snake type thing.
    Cheers again

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

New outfit Bird Bikes getting a lot of love very quickly

http://shop.birdmtb.com/

http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/news/article/new-uk-mountain-bike-company-bird-cycleworks-takes-flight-41130/

Sunns are cheap at CRC as theyve gone bust (Sunn, not CRC!) so no back-up.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

you’ve been riding xc on a M1? 😕

notsosilentbob
    Free Member

Been riding everything on an M1!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Getting old and thinking of a change. Intense M1 to…’ is closed to new replies.