• This topic has 23 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by 71stu.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Getting my BC discount to work
  • fanatic278
    Free Member

What am I doing wrong? I signed up to British Cycling, found my CRC 10% off code, put it in the discount box on the CRC checkout, clicked add, and then…. nothing.

Is it because the item is already on sale maybe?

Cougar

I’ve no idea about specifics to that site, but discount codes rarely apply to things that are already on sale.

whatgoesup

BC discount should work on anything at CRC I believe, sale items included.

I can’t help re the issue though, sorry.

fanatic278
    Free Member

I just experimented on a non sale item. No joy. Anyone got a BC code for January they don’t mind me trying please?

crazy-legs

You do need to spend more than £99…

fanatic278
    Free Member

You do need to spend more than £99…

It’s not that. New carbon wheels

jamesco

Go on the BC site first , log on to the dashboard and you get a code to use once per month.

mechanicaldope

Pretty sure I’ve seen people say it hasn’t worked if you apply it, leave the basket and go back to the shop, then go back to the basket again.

Leigh
    Free Member

I found I had to log in to crc first before I added the code. If I added it first it used it then wouldn’t work once logged in

fanatic278
    Free Member

Pretty sure I’ve seen people say it hasn’t worked if you apply it, leave the basket and go back to the shop, then go back to the basket again.

That might be relevant- I might have done this. Not sure if maybe the system now thinks I’ve used the code. Hmmm. How do I correct this?

fanatic278
    Free Member

I found I had to log in to crc first before I added the code. If I added it first it used it then wouldn’t work once logged in

I deffo did this. How do I get out of it? I have a carbon itch that needs scratching right this minute 😉

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

Use a different browser log into crc add the item then the discount code, just added one myself for the exposure maxx-d,s

clevertrevor
    Free Member

Phone them up they’ll apply it manually for you, post order too. I had issues with CRC automatically applying a £5 welcome discount code which stopped me being able to use the BC discount.

fanatic278
    Free Member

Use a different browser log into crc add the item then the discount code, just added one myself for the exposure maxx-d,s

Thanks for the tip, but no beans. Shame, as I would have got you that torch if it had worked.

timidwheeler

Delete the site cookies. Close the browser and start again. Also log in and change the postage option before putting the code in. If that doesn’t work. You will have to ring them. It will work on sale stuff.

Simon

I had a problem the first time I used my BC discount, I emailed BC and they sent me a new code.
    While was waiting for a response from BC I contacted CRC via live chat , they gave me the option to pay full price and then email a screenshot of my BC dashboard showing the code that hadn’t worked and they would retrospectively apply the discount.

fanatic278
    Free Member

If that doesn’t work. You will have to ring them. It will work on sale stuff.

I had a problem the first time I used my BC discount, I emailed BC and they sent me a new code.

But you don’t understand- I must buy these wheels now!! My weekend will be ruined if I can’t fill this void. Woe is me.

Yak

As said above, log in to crc first before adding the code. The other way round doesn’t work.

And once you have fluffed the code by trying it in the wrong order, it won’t work again

dabaldie
    Free Member

Exactly as Yak says above. I had the same issue. You MUST log in to the site before using the code. If not it wont work when you log in.

You’ll have to ring BC and they’ll email you a new code. They did mine pretty much instantly.

cossyrush
    Free Member

As above, this happened to me also.
    You have to be logged in.
    CRC refunded me the difference because I didn’t spot it hadn’t been applied when the order went through.
    They asked for a screenshot of my BC discount.

Haze

I’ve had it happen when I’ve been logged in but didn’t check out. Went to apply it again later and it didn’t work.

Emailed CRC, they asked for the code and applied the discount retrospectively

onehundredthidiot

Facebook message them explain that you may have cooked up. They’ll apply it.

bruneep

Can anyone use the BC code? I’ll gladly take someones code if they’re not using it.

71stu
    Free Member

My code didn’t work the first time but I’d copied and pasted it. I tried again, typing the code and it worked.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Getting my BC discount to work’ is closed to new replies.