Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Getting legs working again
  • joespencer33
    Free Member

Morning folks, Just after a bit of training advice.

I’ve got my 4th time at mayhem coming up but due to uni exams have been off the bike for about 3 weeks now bar the odd hour long sprinty sessions.
    I was doing 5hr road rides before and I’m planning to do a 12hr MTB session end of next week as I found bikefest was a perfect shakedown last year (shame its a week later this year).

What I wanted to ask was am I best going for a short, high intensity ride early next week or a longer day in the saddle to get myself moving again?

asdfhjkl
    Free Member

That all depends on how fit you are and how much training you’ve done so far this year. Without a good base of training, you’ll find it more difficult to get back into things after a break.

Either option could easily leave you too fatigued to recover in time for your big ride and, frankly, one ride on its own isn’t going to make much of a difference. I’d settle for a moderate length at a moderate effort, rather than going high intensity or long duration. Recovering from time on the bike matters more than what you do on it, in this case.

joespencer33
    Free Member

Bumpity bump for any nuggets of wisdom the evening crowd may have!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Getting legs working again’ is closed to new replies.