Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Getting into Edinburgh from Peebles….
  • MoreCashThanDash

Looks like the kids want to do the sights in Edinburgh later in the week. Two days in Glasgow for the Games has put them off going back there again this week!

What’s the best way into Edinburgh from Peebles nowadays – park and ride or have the trams opened up any better options?

Thanks

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Drive round Arthur’s Seat, park on the down hill just before you get to the roundabout – wander into the city.

scotroutes

Trams run East-West so not really any impact on your route from Peebles. The bus service is excellent and cheap, so drive to the outskirts and bus it in from there.

legspin
    Free Member

I hope you took the soul and will be riding GT and Inners!

bigjim

I used to park just south of Braidburn valley park and get the bus in when I commuted from the south. Not sure if it is still parking.

MoreCashThanDash

Legspin – I have the Soul, and the whole tribe have bikes as well. Lost two days at the Games already, two more days will be lost in Edinburgh, suspect if I’m lucky I might just get a run of the GT blue in, but the forecast for the end of the week is turning against that as well now!

Not ridden the Soul for over a month, must be a year since I’ve done anything other than the local loops.

franksinatra

Park and ride from Straiton. You would be driving right past it anyway. Good, reliable service. Driving in is fine if you know your way around but if visiting and a newbie then let the bus do the hard bit.

athgray
    Free Member

+1 for Straiton park and ride. The Edinburgh Festival starts on Friday, so will be particularly busy.

geoffj

Do you still need exact change for the buses?

scotroutes

Yes

MussEd
    Free Member

wanmankylung – Member
    Drive round Arthur’s Seat, park on the down hill just before you get to the roundabout – wander into the city.
    POSTED 1 HOUR AGO # REPORT-POST

For real? Good recommendation bro!

I’d use the park and ride at Straiton if I were you OP. Or there’s a fairly regular bus from Peebles up to Edinburgh. Avoid driving though. And don’t, whatever you do, park up there^^^ as suggested. Your car will likely be towed. Commie Games diving is actually in Edinburgh and a massive security operation around Arthur’s Seat as a result.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

It’s a great recommendation.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Getting into Edinburgh from Peebles….’ is closed to new replies.