Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Getting GT85 off disc rotors?
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

Muppet boy here managed to get GT85 on his rotor – what's the best stuff to clean it off? I had some disc brake cleaner and low and behold when I really need it I've run out!! 🙁

sheldona
    Free Member

Get some shower caps from a hotel then slap them over the rotors next time you get the GT85 out! As far as getting it off, errrr brake cleaner 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

detergent and water. Or degreaser. Or burn it off ( remove rotors from wheels first)

DrRSwank
    Free Member

Take em off and put them in the dishwasher.

Works a treat.

uplink
    Free Member

Just scrub them with hot water & fairy liquid – job done

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Got some fairy.

Niche – Had the end of the straw covered so it didn't spray (was putting some on the axle bearings as they were a bit gritty to see if I could loosen them up – worked a treat) but the bloody cap where the straw goes in leaked and sprayed from the cap onto my hand and the rotor 🙁 Who would have guessed it.

Staying in a 5 star hotel in Edinburgh later this week so will scavenge some showercaps 🙂

sheldona
    Free Member

Staying in a 5 star hotel in Edinburgh later this week so will scavenge some showercaps

Good man!! I rob them all the time! Although I had to go to a clean room last year so was issued with some of those blue shoe covers I ended up lifting a load of them!! Also available at some airports now although they are at security so a little harder to 'borrow' loads!

judy-rockshox
    Free Member

I always clean my rotors with Methylated Spirit. Nice & cheap and gets all the grease off.

TheSanityAssassin

STOP! Disc Brake Cleaner is what you need.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

[Quote]Although I had to go to a clean room last year so was issued with some of those blue shoe covers[/quote]

You only allowed in certain parts of your house then without permission? 😉

Crell
    Free Member

Isopropyl Alcohol ("rubbing alcohol") from the chemist or ebay.

ex-pat
    Free Member

The ghost of christmas past gave me some disk cleaning spray. Awesome stuff at shifting everything off the disk.
    And what's more I had a crud/old cassette, it cleaned that up back to shininess too.
    I think it was this stuff:
    Fenwicks Disc Brake Cleaner

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Getting GT85 off disc rotors?’ is closed to new replies.