Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Getting gig tickets. How? (ebay scumbag sellers content)
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Yes I know its an open market etc but how come certain people always seem to get gig tickets and then sell on for a nice profit, these aren’t “power sellers” but if you look at their history they’ve sold tickets before!! What’s the secret? Looking again for tickets this morning (kasabian) and there’s not one set with a “genuine” reason for selling on. Boils my piss and my wallet!!!

lunge

I have a mate who does this. He just looks at what he thinks will sell out, gets on the site at 9am on release day, buys a few, then sells them on for a few extra £££ on eBay a couple of weeks before the event.

From his experience, the key to getting the tickets (and avoiding people like him) is to get in there early when the tickets are released. As soon as you leave it late then you run the eBay gauntlett.

He argues that by buying the tickets and selling them on he is actually helping people who aren’t as orgnasised as he is. I am not convinced this is the case…

monksie
    Free Member

I managed to get three for my daughter and friends for Manchester, June 8th.
    It’s her birthday the next day and she already has plans and is not too fussed about seeing the band so these may well be readvertised for sale.
    You try to do a nice thing and all that…………
    *She’s mighty chuffed with her Tiny Temper tickets for the Arena though

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Your best bet is: Dont bother going to watch shite/massively popular bands in the first place.

Just go and watch a band with a smaller following, that way you only pay about £15 for a ticket and they tend to not sell out straight away.

wrightyson
    Free Member

I’ll put my hands up and will admit to selling two tickets to the foos for this summers show, but as I put in my listing id got two spare due to stupid wife, who bought 4 for some reason, I was more than happy they fetched just enough to cover the cost to me. However there must be some knack to getting on line, I had two computers on at 9 am and just got the no tickets available message for 15 mins then gave up.

wrightyson
    Free Member

David, I was there at the start for kasabian, they don’t do small gigs anymore and I still love them. Possibly the best live band ive ever seen and ive seen the odd one or two. In fact ive seen shows as diverse as riverdance in an arena (god help me) to pantera in a sweaty rock City!! Each to their own eh!!!??

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

What you want to do is find out when the second smaller bunch of tickets is released. Most of the bigger bands do this. This method has served me very well in the past couple of years.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Yeh, I watched Kasabian a few years ago at a festival and they were pretty good, although I dont ever listen to them in my own time.

simon_g

Be on band info / mailing lists. Usually when tickets go on sale for a big tour they’ll have a special “fan presale”. The codes usually end up circulated anyway, but you have more of a chance of getting in before the touts.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Kasabian did it the other way round for a few members of one of the selling sites, tried that the day before main release but failed there as well!!

DezB
    Free Member

So you saw them when they were good in a small venue? So why bother going to a massive one where they’ll be playing all their new MOR stuff and you won’t be able to see because of all the camera phones waving around in front of you and the sound will be shite?

😉

wrightyson
    Free Member

Yes the camera phones are a pain the arse!!! Last time I went was at the nia in brum, got 4 rows from the front so all was good and slightly mental.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

So why bother going to a massive one

They are doing small venues though as a warm up for the festival season aren’t they?

(Ie. Leeds 02 – capacity of 2,000 or whatever).

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Getting gig tickets. How? (ebay scumbag sellers content)’ is closed to new replies.