Viewing 14 posts - 81 through 94 (of 94 total)
  • Getting drunk, yep or not?
  • mahalo

i despise waking up and not knowing how or what time i got there, scurrying through my discarded jeans to make sure im still in possession of my phone and wallet! and then just rotting for the next 24hrs (at least) with no inclination to do anything!

so much so i try to swerve any big night out or formal do. the only time i get drunk now is if its spontaneous or by accident, those nights dont seem to make me feel so bad. we went for a post ride pint recently, wasnt planning on doing but stars aligned, 1 became a couple, which became too many then the gin starts flowing – was a fabulous night!

on a proper night out i am consciously trying not to get too pissed too early, just have a bottle rather than a pint, swerve the shots, its not enjoyable and ultimately still end up wrecked anyway!!

like most people tho, theres nowt better than few pints of fine ale in a nice pub!

prawny

and maybe a pint (or two) if I go on a work lunch.

POSTED 4 HOURS AGO #

Just got back from a work lunch at All Bar One. Steamin. 😆 zzzz

TiRed

Gave up filling in drinkaware, as I was running at about 2 units/week.

I like beer, wine and whiskey but the dose is the poison. Five units would be a heavy session. Even when I have been drunk, I’ve always been fully compos mentis and remain rational.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    badnewz
    Free Member

I binge drink on weak beer. I’m rarely sick and never out of it drunk. It’s mainly due to boredom and stress. But now it is making me fat.
    I’m reverting more to non alcoholic beers which are increasingly good but expensive in pubs.
    I wonder how my life would have been different if booze didn’t exist. Like many people I use it as I’m shy and it helps loosen me up. But I know I have to seriously cut down for my health.

aracer
    Free Member

Have been drunk 3 times in the last year – though that may not be drunk in the way some of you lot are describing, I don’t think I’ve ever been so drunk I can’t remember things as I tend to get ill before that point. So probably only 4-5 pints (or possibly even less), I tend to stop before the getting ill point, and the last night out I really paced myself. I can’t remember even being that drunk in the previous 10 years though – my social life has changed a bit, as I think I’ve got another 3 “getting drunk” nights lined up this year, maybe more! It’s possible I’m drinking less in total though, as even though I also now tend to have a beer in the pub one evening every week I drink a lot less at home than I did.

I’m not at all extrovert in social situations when sober, I like the way a few drinks loosens me up a bit.

I agree – quite often I’ll choose a lower alcohol beer so I can drink more of them.

gordimhor

I enjoy a few drinks, in company like many folk on here it used to be a lot more than that.
    However I don’t like a hangover, and I don’t like to drink on my own so it’s down to the occasional night with my girlfriend if I’m not driving

dannyh
    Free Member

I love a beer, and like a glass of wine from time to time.

The only times I will get properly drunk is if I’m out with mates – most likely the lads I played cricket with or my uni mates. We talk the same old rubbish, with a few new bits chucked in and get fairly drunk – but not silly spirits drunk. These meet-up are max two or three times a year.

Otherwise I will have 2-3 on a Saturday night and one on a Wednesday night after a ride.

I have never felt the urge to have a drink if I’m unhappy or stressed – I’ve always associated booze with being sociable and having a good time.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I think that in nearly 19 years together Mrs PP has only seen me actually drunk twice, maybe 3 times at a push.
    Problem is (Not really a problem to me) that I remember EVERYTHING when I get drunk. And I feel really bad in the morning, so I pretty much stopped doing it before my mid-20s. I was working 55hrs/5.5 days a week and I didn’t ant to waste my only day off in bed! Also, I’ve seen what it does to people, how they are the next day, what arseholes some of them become and I’ve watched people poring money away on booze that I’d rather spend on something else…. I’ve never had the money to waste
    Now, that said, I do enjoy a nice beer, a class of bubbly or wine now and again, but it’s rare I’ll have more then 2 a day and do that more than twice a week. I like the taste, and I like the assumed relaxation. But sometimes I’d prefer a cup of tea or a glass of milk 🙂

singletrackmind

I love it .
    So many great beers out there to try its fabulous . I will drink pretty much anything malt based , apart from low end UK lager. Cider if its blazin outside , Stouts if its grey cold and miserable. Tend to get pretty smashed once a week through the winter , but in the summer can go 3 – 4 weeks without a drink.
    At 48 though the next day can be hard work, and riding is out the window if I have had loads.
    As an alcoholic i dont go out either ,but sit at home alone putting away whatever catches my eye in Tesco/ Aldi, but I only drink between 5pm and 8pm on Fri and Sat .
    Never if I plan a big ride or the wind forcast is looking exceptional.
    Probably have 30 units a weekend in the winter . Its really easy if you adore big American hop forward IPA’s at 5- 6% ABV to drink a fair bit, large G+ T as an entré then its decent beer ahoy.
    Horse racing days , weddings and funerals tend to go down the drinking till late , memory loss, converting all my pound notes to a pitiful handful of small change route .
    Used to get stuck into a few bottles of Red wine but the hang overs were so bad I knoocked the Red Wine runaway train on the head, along with cocktails like TVR’s.

jacksprogis
    Free Member

I must say I feel fairly guilty after reading some of these, I’m pretty bad but that might be with being 20.

Most weekends I get bladdered both days n normally to the point of forgetting most shit.

Before I left my old job, peak was getting in at 6 am regularly in the week and going straight to work. I even walked 8 miles home one morning…

Every so often I have a few weeks off if thats any conciliation.

Also rarely suffer from hangovers, If I do get one however, its generally off 3-4 pints rather that a proper session of 15.

Cheers

Travis

For the last 20 years or so, I’ve been a regular / quite probably a heavy drinker.
    I can easily put away a bottle of wine, and a few beers, and it doesn’t effect me in any way.
    I would drink at least 4 beers per night, and the weekend would pick up the pace.
    For some reason though, in the last month.
    I’ve only had 4 beers over a weekend.
    Don’t know why.
    I think my body and mind is just telling me it’s enough.
    Last Friday, I actually went to the supermarket to buy alcohol, and came back empty handed.
    Come 9pm though… I wish I hadn’t.
    Don’t like to get drunk, I hate the spinning room thing.
    Drink or not, I need to be up at 6, to play with the children.

Haze

For example I generally like the glow of 1-3 pints the most, I’ll happily proceed to pretty pissed and still think all is great. But full on mullered ie forgetting significant events etc is not my thing.

Pretty much this for me, really don’t like getting wasted these days and spoiling training next day or missing it altogether. Nice to catch up with old friends from time to time but always midweek and with an off scheduled in next day!

I found ditching volume in favour of quality helped me massively to change from my younger binge drinking habits, well that and finding other priorities.

Would be nice if the work functions I get invited to weren’t mostly centred around getting smashed in crap bars.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Tonight I’ve had…1 bottle of something that was 5.7%, 1 bottle of white, 2 glasses of red & 2 LARGE Laphroaig 1/4 casks.

I feel ‘happy’ but not drunk. (no more than your average newt)
    I would not try to drive a vehicle at this moment in time though.

It’s taken me 3 hours to type this. 😆

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Used to drink every Friday night
    2 litre of cheap cider (pulse) 4 cans of crap lager (Carlsberg) from 15 year old then migrated to going out round town at 17 which was 6 pints and as many bottle of Becks £1 a bottle I could manage before the room started spinning. I did this till 21 year old, then it was 6/8 pints thurs-Sunday every week.

Then I ended up with kidney stones from repeated drinking alcohol and fizzy drinks at 25 year old.

Now at 31 I only drink at Christmas, my birthday and on holiday 3/4 pints or bottles and maybe the odd pint if it’s a nice day. Don’t miss it to be honest.

Viewing 14 posts - 81 through 94 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘Getting drunk, yep or not?’ is closed to new replies.