Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Getting Dong
  • godzilla
    Free Member

I’m off to Vietnam in a couple of weeks and I’m wondering about sorting spends, In Thailand I just swap £’s as I need them, has anyone any tip’s or will I be fine with cards and GBP?

mrbiker473
    Free Member

From memory when I went its impossible to get any dong in the UK.
    They use $ every where even at immigration, so just get a good amount over here.
    Also they have withdrawal limits on most ATM’s, about 2,000,000ish dong per day I think? And fees per transaction. There is one bank that let’s you withdraw more (maybe HSBC?) But I only ever saw that maybe twice, and just went to the ATM every few days.

PS I used http://www.kalixa.com/kalixa-pay/gb only £2.25 per withdrawal and no other fees or bad exchange rates

theotherjonv

I’ve never been, but I’ve heard there are several places in Saigon where you may end up getting Dong whether you wanted it or not 😯

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Burchy1
    Free Member

We just got money from cash machines on a regular basis as even with the charge it was a better rate than trying to get Dong here.

Make sure you have some US Dollars with you aswell, some places do a much better deal if paid in these than Dong. Oh and they dont accept non-perfect dollar bills so make sure you change any that aren’t crisp before you go.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Getting Dong

Grindr?

Northwind

You can get dong from the post office. But not sure it’s worth it, most people would take dollars. and yep as above, good condition notes.

godzilla
    Free Member

I thought that may be the case with $, I’ll stink a couple of hundred in my pocket.
    Is Grindr some sort of exchange?

MrNice
    Free Member

Is Grindr some sort of exchange?

you could say it facilitates exchanges 😯

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Getting Dong’ is closed to new replies.