Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Getting disabled kids cycling – Jyrobike
  • stilltortoise
    Free Member

This was promoted on Radio 2 on the drive home last night. As parent to a boy with quite severe balance and co-ordination problems this fab idea gives me hope he might ride a bike one day. I’d love him to try one when they launch. A truckload cheaper than the special trike he currently rides too! 😯

Jyrobike

Keef
    Free Member

excellent idea.

bencooper
    Free Member

Interesting idea, intensely annoying website.

Aussie Rob

The founder of Jyrobike. Known for rocking up to meetings on his folding BMX, unshakable passion for all things Jyro and mean BBQ skills. In 2013 the Aussie learnt a bit of Northern Irish lingo and has realised the true meaning of ‘Craic’, ‘Wee’.

Good grief.

Murray

Very cool and the price looks very reasonable.

slowrider
    Free Member

My son is almost 14 and we’ve never found a way for him to be able to ride due to his right hemiplegia. He’s just about to grow out of our tandem so I’ll be keeping an eye on this, cheers!

stilltortoise
    Free Member

price looks very reasonable

^this. Definitely this. I was a bit disappointed that the interviewer took a sharp intake of breath when Aussie Rob announced the price would be around £200 for the complete bike. What a bargain if it gets your kids riding when they previously couldn’t. I’d pay £200 just for the wheel!

Gibbysrabbit
    Free Member

Video on BBC News about these today
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-27685867
    Was impressed until I saw the child trying to ride it, would it be stable enough to help a disabled child?

Why not just have a front wheel only option? Might be useful to rent/borrow for a day. Full bike seems a bit unnecessary unless its for a child who will always need to extra help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Getting disabled kids cycling – Jyrobike’ is closed to new replies.