Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Getting changed after a ride with little or no facilities
  • neillys75
    Free Member

How do people go about getting changed after a wet and muddy ride when there are no real facilities?

And you want to respect others and not flash the unsuspecting passer by?

What trail centers have the best facilities to change or clean up?

Jamie
    Free Member

Booicore?

Don’t use one myself, just remember Ed Ox reviewing selling them.

http://www.great-rock.co.uk/shop/booicore/

Northwind

I possess a towel, 2 hands and enough brainpower to combine the 2 and avoid indecent exposure.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Scapegoat

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/281245410676?lpid=83&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=83&ff19=0

Plus, get a cheap bathmat from a cheap bathmat shop and stand on that to change your shoes and socks.

garage-dweller

Big towel + Tinted windows

Or

Fold down rear seats put legs and dangly parts and lower torso in car boot under the load cover and towel for extra discretion.

When changing after ride clean up with baby wipes.

Towels or tarps over Windows also work.

jimi
    Free Member

Jamie just beat me to it.

Here is a link to it from amazon
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Booicore-changing-towel-poncho-HEAVY/dp/B00AN9U0IU/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1389902593&sr=8-7&keywords=towel+poncho

Although now i got a van i have a mobile changing room as well 😀

garage-dweller

Carpet tiles are better for feet rubber on one side to go on ground.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Dressing gown?

neillys75
    Free Member

Currently rocking the “towel, 2 hands and enough brainpower to combine the 2 and avoid indecent exposure”
    But good to know that others go that extra mile.

chvck
    Free Member

This. If it’s really quiet I just take the risk of flashing the unsuspecting passer by.

alfabus
    Free Member

Seaside shuffle. Or change in the back of the van.

matt_outandabout

Seat cover for car, square of old tarpaulin. Strip off as much as possible, climb in car, do the pants and trousers swap…unless someone is right next to the car window, nothing to be seen.

scotroutes

Van

GolfChick
    Free Member

look around, top off, new top on…. look around shorts off…. look around liner off new jeans on. Sorted.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I just go with the “get it done quick” approach. Not been arrested yet.

Ironically, I own a booicore

wiggles
    Free Member

Towel on seat + heaters blaring…

Or change in the back. IKEA bags are useful just Stand in it and drop all wet dirty clothes put new ones on without standing on the grubby floor.

Ambrose

I take off my dirty stuff behind the car. I put my clean stuff on. Simple as that. I’ve yet to meet anyone without a bum or a set of genitals so I’m not really too bothered if mine get spotted.

Having said that a lot of the time I can’t be bothered, so I sit on an old blanket in the car, drive home and strip in the kitchen. Then I have a nice bath.

We are a country of prudes. 🙁

stayhigh

On similar lines to the booicore you could get yourself a surplus poncho.

Houns

Yup, get it done quick approach. If I’m that wet & cold there’s usually not much to see 😛

Suggsey
    Free Member

I now have a van but many a time just carry a towel of shame. It didn’t stop me from embarrassing myself in Gwyder forest car park falling backwards into the boot of my old passat estate legs in the air, ball bag and shrivelled member on full display to a random female dog walker that just seemed to appear in the rain from nowhere. I apologised she just smiled and carried on her way 🙂

mattsccm
    Free Member

Moving on a bit. Fibre pile clothing is lovely to pull on wet and cold. My old Helly Hansen kit is wonderful.

scotroutes

Have to say, from experiences kayaking, it’s simpler just to get changed at the side of the road and damn anybody that happens to look in your direction.

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

There’s many a dog walker in Holmbury St Mary who’s seen my butt.

eyerideit
    Free Member

1. Open car door have dry stuff on seat hanging over glass.

2. Get naked standing in an Ikea bag. Dirty stuff goes straight in bag

3. Work top down so the overhang of fresh clothing covers any wobbly bits you want kept out of sight.

4. Dismount ikea bag by sitting on car seat for putting on of fresh socks/shoes.

Job done.

jackthedog
    Free Member

Rubber floor mats and removable seat covers for the car, drive home in what you rode in.

takisawa2

A waterproof car seat, & just drive home if close.
    Or, just man up.
    If folk want to perve at me that’s up to them.

saxabar
    Free Member

Another one for the au natural persuasion. It’s enough faff as it is getting changed and putting shoes on without having to hold towels and whatnot. Quite liberating, actually. 😆

Speshpaul

lets face it, its normally so bloody cold that no would be able see to your bits anyway.

well thats my excuse.

vincienup
    Free Member

Old car mat or ikea bag to stand in, and whether it worry about liner depends how far from home I am. If I can get to a bath/shower in less than say, an hour, I’ll probs leave it on and just pull on some crap combat cutoffs or whatever.

If I’m going to be out hours then, yep, some variation on seaside shuffle…

I usually have at least one front seat cover in the boot, and the back is permanently covered due to dogs.

A Caddy Camper would be ideal.

Generally it’s clean, dry SOCKS I crave the most though… 🙂

I_Ache
    Free Member

For localish rides both less than about an hour of driving I use seat covers. Anything more then if there are showers use them and if not I just drop trou. But then I am hung like a house so don’t really care who sees.

banginon

At Drumlanrig we installed two shower/changing rooms as there’s obviously a potential clash of cultures.

Most riders, however are more than happy to flash their big, muddy, hairy bums at the families and sophisticants visiting the castle and park (and that’s just the girls).

Never mind tho’ as if anyones so shocked that they storm off in a state – there’ll be at least 10 naked kayakers by the roadside at the bridge; as nature intended with out a stitch of modesty among them..

I required, I use a big towel up top and an Ikea bag on the ground that keeps the feet outta the mud and collects the muddy gear (not that my car’s ever mud free)

scaled
    Free Member

This – got to get changed after a ride, the pub wouldn’t have me completely covered in shit

1. Open car door have dry stuff on seat hanging over glass.

2. Get naked standing in an Ikea bag. Dirty stuff goes straight in bag

3. Work top down so the overhang of fresh clothing covers any wobbly bits you want kept out of sight.

4. Dismount ikea bag by sitting on car seat for putting on of fresh socks/shoes.

shadowrider
    Free Member

Put a sock over your sprouts, strip off, watering can of water to wash off the mud, towel to dry yourself, put warm clothes on, drive home.

Ambrose

Wrong pub.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Getting changed after a ride with little or no facilities’ is closed to new replies.