Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • getting Black balled off the forum
  • brownpants
    Free Member

Have to say I was little bit miffed at getting BB’d for commenting that someone should get a life .
    Am I not entitled to my opinions as the person in question had earlier in his STW ‘life’ also broken the rule pointed out by himself to another members advert. Rules are rules I know but most MBR’s are tolerant of a genuine advert and know prices -roughly. There does seem to be a lot of pointing the finger which is a little childish .
    Does ‘FFS’ not mean ‘For Freedom of Speech’ ? 😉

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Wouldn’t an email to STW Towers be the correct procedure rather than bleating on the forum? As they say, their toy box, their rules.

brownpants
    Free Member

Was hoping to catch a CUMBRIAN fish

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I’ve no idea what this about, but it seems to me that if you carry on complaining you’ll get black balled again. Which would be a shame.

brownpants
    Free Member

Hahaha . That would be a real shame , so I’ll fold under the pressure now .

IloveSTW IloveSTW

andywhit
    Free Member

>IloveSTW IloveSTW

Jeez, get a life!

😉

enfht
    Free Member

racist

cynic-al
    Free Member

“black-balled” = suspended?

antigee

maybe this time it will be for boring people to death on the bike side of the wonder that is STW

soobalias
    Free Member

i cba to point out the irony

rOcKeTdOg

freedom of speech? it maybe a public forum but it belongs to someone else and they make the rules so like it or lump it i’m afraid

ozzybmx
    Free Member

CBA …FFS…. i reckon anyone who writes in text message crap should be turfed off ! You have a keyboard in front of you … USE IT !

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

it maybe a public forum but it belongs to someone else and they make the rules so like it or lump it i’m afraid

I wouldn’t give away my rights so freely. They may have nominal ownership, but that’s meaningless without our participation. Barring the odd hissy fit their oversight is reasonably benign

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

is this a kbd I see b4 me ?

Wm. Shakespeare (1562)

Trimix
    Free Member

Freedom of speach does not mean you can ignore others feelings or disrespect others views. Feedom of speech requires some responsibility in what you say.

We dont actually have freedom of speech anyway. Try denying the holocaust in Austria or god in the Vatican for example.

ozzybmx
    Free Member

is this a kbd I see b4 me ?

Wm. Shakespeare (1562)

There were no keyboards in those days or old Shakey would have spelled it out 8)

pimpmyride
    Free Member

Excellent! looks like STW has taken notice of the fact that some people on here are just too damn nasty and use the forum as a place to be horrible to people who are miles away from them 🙂

Just my opinion anyway.

rOcKeTdOg

I wouldn’t give away my rights so freely. They may have nominal ownership, but that’s meaningless without our participation.

if Mark banned you and you emailed him to appeal, who’s to say he wouldn’t just delete your email and we never hear from you on the forum again?, you and we are only here because someone at STW ok’d your login, they could just as easily un-ok it and you’d have no come back whatsoever, ‘rights’ to be here do not exsist

Pook

rocketdog – you have the right to remain silent

brownpants
    Free Member

bored now

molgrips
    Free Member

Mods have never spoken to me, despite having been in loads of arguments.

Am I lucky or just tactful?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

if Mark banned you and you emailed him to appeal, who’s to say he wouldn’t just delete your email and we never hear from you on the forum again?,

which is why I said ‘benign’. He did ban me for annoying him, but for such a short period it was hardly even a slap on the wrist. If moderation were to become more draconian I imagine many would boycott.

eviljoe
    Free Member

What’s Blackballing? Does it give you brownpants?

In which case it’s definitely for a different forum….

bomberman
    Free Member

molgrips – you’re just lucky

you and we are only here because someone at STW ok’d your login, they could just as easily un-ok it and you’d have no come back whatsoever

maybe but that wouldnt stop you creating a new email address and login and coming back on as “someone else”

miketually
    Free Member

Mods have never spoken to me, despite having been in loads of arguments.

Am I lucky or just tactful?

Ditto. Not so much as a warning.

rOcKeTdOg

maybe but that wouldnt stop you creating a new email address and login and coming back on as “someone else”

true but it doesn’t take a genius to spot who the new logins belong to really

RudeBoy
    Free Member

No, AdamG is really easy to spot, for example.

Glad that nasty little Paddedthing hazzunt come back.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Oi. It’s “hazzent” not “hazzunt” 🙄

rOcKeTdOg

it’s hasn’t in the Queens english (and lets face it there’s a lot of them on this forum)

kelvin

Matt black-balled me for laughing at the low waistline he adopted with his jeans. Nothing to do with this ‘ere forum though!

Banning people for a short time period seems a good move to me, helps people calm down.

druidh
    Free Member

RudeBoy
    Free Member

That’s nasty. No need for that.

Nico
    Free Member

Black-balling: a procedure found in gentlemen's clubs whereby a prospective new member's membership is put before the current membership. They choose either a white or black ball to indicate approval or veto. One black ball = no membership.

So more of a rustication in this case.

robdob
    Free Member

Why are threads coming back to life?
    Weird.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘getting Black balled off the forum’ is closed to new replies.