Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • getting a seal on a tubeless system help
  • karnali
    Free Member

stans rims with yellow tape and valves in, nonust high roller, one side of the tyre is ftted into the rim nice and tightas i put a tube in first blew it up etc to seal the rim tape on nice a tight as per stans video. removed innertube and put in valve. how do i get a good seal on other side? to allow inflation

cheers

Kramer
    Free Member

Pump like buggery.

Paulio
    Free Member

When I put tyres on my Stans rims as you've described one went on straight away with a track pump but the other needed a compressor at a friendly car garage to get it to seat. If you haven't put the sealant in yet then you could try a CO2 inflator thingy.

scaredypants

soapy water / watery soap

tegski
    Free Member

Compressor makes it much easier…and soapy water or foam on rim and tyre to help all slide into place.

boxelder

Benn's garage, over the road from Sainsburys.
    Give us a shout if you need the presta>>fatthing adaptor.

Northwind

Own a compressor. And not just one of those little tyre inflators they sell in B&Q, a proper one with a reservoir and decent airflow. Makes it easy.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Try to convince the seal that tubless is the future – point out the combined advantages of lower rolling resistances and an absence of pinch punctures, especially at low pressures. If none of the above work, try bribing with fish – should do the trick.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘getting a seal on a tubeless system help’ is closed to new replies.