Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • getting a road fixed
  • mrmo
    Free Member

I guess the answer is no but i wonder if anyone knows the answer.

Part of the route to work is on the A46 trunk road. At the point where the hard shoulder finishes, and half a mile short of the point i can get off the road and onto the cycle route the road surface is falling apart. It has been for a while but it just worse and worse.

Is there anyway of pushing for the surface to be patched? Who actually is responsible, at what point does it go from local council to national, ie who should be chased?

I have done the CTC thing and nothing has happened, the rest of the road was patched eariler in the year they just didn’t bother with the worst section!

globalti
    Free Member

If you live in Lancashire find the highways section of the council’s website and fill in a report. By the end of the day the defect will have been repaired – or it was when I did one on a dangerous loose dropped kerb at the end of our restricted entry street.

If you’re not in Lancashire I don’t know what you can do.

franksinatra

Fill that Hole usually seems to work well but I guess the response is more down to local authority than anything else. If it is not their road, they should refer on to managing authority.

Try you local Councillor.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    robdixon
    Free Member

http://www.fixmystreet.org – councils seem to fix reports quite quickly as there is a formal record so they become liable from the point it’s reported to them.

mrmo
    Free Member

problem is this is a trunk road and not council, i have reported it just nothing seems to be being done!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘getting a road fixed’ is closed to new replies.