Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Getting a refund, where do I stand
  • Tango-Man
    Free Member

I was at the Bike and Tri show in Manchester yesterday and tried on some Oakleys from the Eyewear Outlet, decided to buy them, so they got me another pair and as I tested them the right arm came off them, so they got another pair and they seemed ok, grabbed them this morning, opened them up and the right arm came off these as well. So, I am going to phone them up tomorrow but it states on the receipt that they don’t do refunds only credit notes or exchanges, now I maybe being cynical but 2 pairs of the same glasses with eh same fault strikes me as odd, and as I live in Bolton and they are based in Portsmouth can I get a refund under distance selling regs or something

Chris

Pook

No. What you’ll be needing is a smaller head.

HTH.

Mikkel
    Free Member

what Oakleys though?

All the ones i have had, the arms just pop out and you pop them back in…

Tango-Man
    Free Member

These are the Scalpels, and, the arm is supposed to be fixed in place, so will have to see what they say in the morning when I phone them.

Junkyard
    Free Member

iirc they have to refund anyway unles you accept a credit note but you can refuse anyway
    However as these are faulty under the sales of goods act they would need to refund anyway.
    Actual law will trump whatever they claim the terms are and they know they would loose in a court re fit for purpose so you will get your money back

Only issue is how much hassle it will be IMHO

toppers3933
    Free Member

Not fit for purpose. I’m positive that they cannot refuse a refund. The law trumps their policy every time.

Pook

easier to get the smaller head.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Getting a refund, where do I stand

I suppose it depends, if you return to the shop you may prefer to stand in front of the counter, if you are dealing with this on-the phone you may wish to stand near a window, its up to you, why not stand akimbo with a contemptuous sneer !

dhyetiman
    Free Member

They cannot refuse a refund by law, the product is faulty and a refund is part of your statutory rights. They may try and tell you they can only do a credit note, and if you accept it then you loose your right to a fefund. You have every right to refuse the credit note though.

Raindog
    Free Member

Oakley used to have a very good reputation for customer service, I’d be surprised if they don’t deal with your problem in a professional manner.

trail_rat
    Free Member

that is of course presuming they are real oakleys and not the deal extreme knock offs ……

Junkyard
    Free Member

in which case you would have an even stronger case against the perople you have a contract with who are the suppliers to you – the shop.
    dont accept a credit note and threaten court – i doubt they will try and argue, in court, that breaking before use is fit for purpose tbh,
    If they do they wont win.

longj
    Free Member

Unfortunately you are not entitled to a refund. Most places will give one because It’s good customer service. By law though they can offer to repair or replace and only when that is not possible they have to give a refund. Leant from experience when deaing with shops with very poor customer service e.g. Evans.

Drac

You bought them from the Eyewear Outlet, they will exchange them for you without any issues or offer you credit.

Offering credit is the law anything above that is good customer service, however as they’re faulty you may be able to get a refund.

Cougar

Unfortunately you are not entitled to a refund.

Wrong.

Sale of goods act. Faulty goods DOA = you can reject the goods within a “reasonable time” = refund. Simples.

longj
    Free Member

Ok so it all depends whether the goods have been ‘accepted’ or not. By that I presume it means has it been used for a period of time and become faulty or were they faulty on opening the box.

root
    Free Member

Sale of goods act. Faulty goods DOA = you can reject the goods within a “reasonable time” = refund. Simples.

I’m sure i’ve heard 28 days banded about but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was 12 months.

I would google it if I could be arsed 😀

shifter
    Free Member

I’ve used Eyewearoutlet several times recently, good outfit imo.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Getting a refund, where do I stand’ is closed to new replies.