Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 131 total)
  • Get yer Ti out
  • Rik
    Free Member

BWD – what frame is that?

Looks like a Ragley Ti but yours seems to have a 44mm head tube ??

Vortexracing

My 2

P1050369 by eastham_david, on Flickr

Enigma Echo by eastham_david, on Flickr

billyboulders
    Free Member

Your Ragger’s looking lovely BWD 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    BadlyWiredDog

Rik – Member
    BWD – what frame is that?

Looks like a Ragley Ti but yours seems to have a 44mm head tube ??

Yep, well spotted. Long story…

alantitanic
    Free Member

Off Road….

On Road….

maurizio
    Free Member

i thought the issue with ti posts in ti framea is ti on ti siezibg unless you use copious amoubts of copper grease?

i will be adding a certain beaut on here when it arrives from a certain mr stanton. very excited!

tazzymtb

Gotoma I didn’t go for a faith fork as the sheep i my subtle non look at me bike and I have a Jones for screaming attention whore antics

rOcKeTdOg

winter spec

Gee76
    Free Member

Gee76
    Free Member

Oh dear… Fail!

RoterStern
    Free Member

My Seven Sola SL

loughor
    Free Member

My 456 Evo

[/URL]

somafunk

Some very nice looking TI bikes on this thread so far, here’s my two

Cove Hummer

Kinesis Tripster ATR in winter/semi touring/doing the shopping mode.

Just as capable as many a road bike with it’s 25mm tyres fitted or quite capable to lap Kirroughtree/dalbeattie with 45mm tyres fitted without fear of incident or worry.

SimonR

Scottish Highlands …

P5280422 by Simon_R, on Flickr

Local Trails …

P8160164 by Simon_R, on Flickr

Doh!

P8160169 by Simon_R, on Flickr

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Northwind – Member

uphillcursing – Member

Someone must have something more obscure that a bag of Ti spanners? STW? there must be a Ti Prince Albert piercing a didgeridoo or set of African neck rings they wear?

I was quite excited when I got my hip bolted back on, I thought they used titanium but it turned out it’s just stainless. Maybe I should replace them, can’t be too hard?

Too right. Lets have a go. I have a hammer and Bolster, someone round these parts has some epoxy and spoons. That and couple of the Ti ring spanners and away we go.

Edit…. Quote went wrong

somafunk

I have an 11″ titanium structure round my spine holding it together after i borked it back in 1991, known as a Hartman loop – it’s held in place by an assortment of Titanium bolts n’ screws, it’s quite easy to feel it and if i lie on my back i rock like an upturned turtle as my spine doesn’t really flex that much. 😀

Needless to say i do feel an affinity with Ti so that’s why i like Ti bikes 😉

chainslapp
    Free Member

Gee 76 here you go.

Northwind

@Simon R, that’s Legendary Lynskey Build Quality right there! Did you get it fixed?

flashes
    Free Member

and I’m still looking for a 16 – 17″ SS specific Ti Non disc frame if anyone wants to sell anything……………..

tazzymtb

flashes, Keef of this here parish has got a rather lovely and special Ti frame V brake, SS, little wheels that he was looking to shift. May be worth giving him a prod! I’ll txt him to pop up on here as well

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Dean Colonel

amplebrew

letmetalktomark – Member
    @ amplebrew. Very cool. JRA built my fat bike wheels and I noticed your purple loveliness on their Instagram feed.

Yeah, I’m really excited about them getting them built up. I think they’ll look great with the ti frame.

titaniumlover
    Free Member
    flashes
    Free Member

Tazzy, thanks for the heads up, I’ve spoken to Keef on this a few times. Unfortunately it’s a tad too big for me…..although I am thinking of growing my legs over the hols, I’d have a much better choice then and I’m still dithering over the Jones (but I may have sold it)……

tazzymtb

flashes, tis only a 15″ C-t? but does have a long TT from memory

flashes
    Free Member

Yes the TT’s too long, so I’ll have to work on my arms as well. Love the Black Sheep by the way.

cr500dom
    Free Member

I have a Lynksey Ti post in my Brodie Holeshot, with a Carbon Ti seat Collar too.
    No Pics of it in that guise though…. I`ll have to take some over christmas

Northwind

somafunk – Member

if i lie on my back i rock like an upturned turtle as my spine doesn’t really flex that much

Should have got steel…

billyboulders
    Free Member

@SimonR, Snap! (or should that be crack 😉 ) Also a Ragley Ti. All fixed by Lynskey with no quibble and good as new now though.

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

The only ti I posses is a road bike i’am afraid!
    Kinesis Gran fondo V1.
    Picture shown with older Dura Ace.
    Currently fitted with 6800 Ultegra,Stans Alphas and Hutchinson tubeless tyres.
    Its a nice ride and my all year round road bike.

Thanx,
    Max

SimonR

@Simon R, that’s Legendary Lynskey Build Quality right there! Did you get it fixed?

Hi Northwind – classic Lynskey failure – always in that location and on that side of the tube! Yep got it fixed – very tidy repair but the seat tube is now 27.2 rather than 31.6 which is a real shame and makes my much loved and very expensive Reverb a bit obsolete 🙁 – until I find a new frame to build up 🙂 (a bit like buying a new house when the cupboards are full!)

SimonR

@billyboulders – yep – all sorted and still a really lovely bike to ride

DaveRambo

My Van Nic Tuareg

As it came…

[URL=http://s683.photobucket.com/user/daverambo/media/2cb0ad0c.jpg.html][/URL]

Built with KCNC cockpit, XT chainset, Hope Tech X2 brakes and Pro2 Evo hubs on crest rims.

Ti seat collar

Lovely detail…
    [URL=http://s683.photobucket.com/user/daverambo/media/163ff410.jpg.html][/URL]

uphillcursing
    Free Member

That sir, is a thing of beauty……………

singlespeedstu

Here’s some of my old Ti stuff.

I no longer bother buying Ti frames. 😉

Cracked Ti by

" class="bbcode-link">multispeedstu, on Flickr

Cracked Ti by multispeedstu, on Flickr

flashes
    Free Member

Stu, what was that………make mental note to avoid like the plague..

BadlyWiredDog

Hi Northwind – classic Lynskey failure – always in that location and on that side of the tube! Yep got it fixed – very tidy repair but the seat tube is now 27.2 rather than 31.6 which is a real shame and makes my much loved and very expensive Reverb a bit obsolete – until I find a new frame to build up (a bit like buying a new house when the cupboards are full!)

That happened to me, effectively the 27.2mm sleeve rendered obsolete a Reverb and a Lynskey titanium post. To be fair to Lynskey, they swapped the old 31.6mm ti post for a new 27.2mm one. I’m waiting for the Thomson 27.2mm dropper to be released. It’s been muttered about for ages now.

singlespeedstu

flashes – Member

Stu, what was that……

Four different frames.
    All sorted/replaced under warranty.
    Still not going to be buying another Ti frame though.

RoganJosh
    Free Member

image by vartyjosh, on Flickr

image by vartyjosh, on Flickr

Litespeed Siena, not my main road bike anymore, just a sentimental piece!

Don’t have a ti mtb… Althought a ti ss 29er is definitely on the n+1 list!

Northwind

SimonR – Member

Hi Northwind – classic Lynskey failure – always in that location and on that side of the tube! Yep got it fixed – very tidy repair but the seat tube is now 27.2 rather than 31.6

FWIW I got Enigma to fix my Soda which had pretty much identical cracks, they welded and reamed it and retained the original seat tube size. My Ragley hasn’t cracked yet 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 131 total)

The topic ‘Get yer Ti out’ is closed to new replies.