• This topic has 62 replies, 33 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)
  • Get ready to celebrate – the Lockerbie bomber is nearly dead.
  • coolhandluke
    Free Member

Its sickened me all this – the bomber being released is OK in my opinion (I do question the actual reason though..) but for him to be welcomed like a hero is truly sickening.

I personally will celebrate when he dies then.

Lockerbie bomber nearly dead hoooraahhh

Hairychested
    Free Member

I don't get life not meaning life. It's like a singlespeed with 9 gears at the back.
    Be prepared for whingers complaining your being so stuck in the old days, out of touch with multicultural Britain, blah blah blah… I'll raise a large glass to heavens when he bites the dust (and a few others too, but that's a different topic completely).

vinnyeh

I don't understand this- why all the joy when there's a high likelihood that he didn't do it anyway?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    iDave
    Free Member

he wasn't responsible for the celebrations and its highly likely he wasn't responsible for the bombing either

Smee
    Free Member

The joy is because people dont have a clue about this case and they are just forming their opinion through soundbites they have read in the media.

If Jim Swire believes that the guy is innocent that's good enough for me.

trailmonkey

Nice warm, fuzzy sunday morning vibe to this thread, well done 🙄

tankslapper
    Free Member

SPOILER!!!!!!!!

roper
    Free Member

Whoopee!!!
    I love to celebrate someone dying. Especially if it's someone really really evil then that's acceptable and doesn't make sick, shallow or emotional undeveloped in any way. Death rocks!!!

thegreatape
    Free Member

but for him to be welcomed like a hero is truly sickening

For us yes, but for most Libyan people he was a hero, taking the rap for Lockerbie and thereby freeing the rest of them from all the sanctions that were imposed.

grumm
    Free Member

or him to be welcomed like a hero is truly sickening.

How do you know they aren't celebrating the release of a wrongly convicted 'political prisoner' made a scapegoat by an untrusted foreign government.

Would we celebrate if someone who was probably innocent was released after being locked up in Libya for years?

GrahamS

Exactly. If there was a UK citizen being held in a Libyan jail for a crime which the UK media and politicians all said he was innocent of, then do you honestly not think there would a press pack and politicians welcoming him home on release?

simonralli2
    Free Member

Even if I believed him to be guilty, I would not be "celebrating". To celebrate in my mind would be to celebrate the failure of human beings to live in peace together. To celebrate to me is to say it is OK to want people to die, by murder or natural causes – no difference. I'll not be joining in this one if that's ok? To celebrate is to fail to find forgiveness in my my heart.

To me to celebrate is a very odd reaction to this desperately sad chapter, but if that's what you're into then go for it and crack open the champagne.

GrahamS

Well said Simon.

JulianA
    Free Member

+1 Simon

ton

death should never be celebrated.
    and just remember, the bloke did not release himself, guilty or not guilty.

hora
    Free Member

Those medal ribbons stuck onto some cheap cardboard/backing on Gadafi's chest make me giggle. Its Dads army meets low-budget theatre production.

john_drummer
    Free Member

what ton said

meehaja
    Free Member

Just to put this into perspective… That Shields lad, who's just been pardoned by the Government and released was "convicted" of a crime. This conviction has not been over turned, and in the country where the alleged crime occured he is still concidered a criminal. When he was released there was celebrations, front page exclusives and much merry making. Now, its not my place to decide whether this chap was or was not responsible for the lockerbie bombing, but in his home country they believe he was innocent and wrongly jailed. So they celebrated his release. Its not disgusting, its not celebrating terrorism, its celebrating the freedom of a man they think was wrongly jailed. I'm sure a lot of white south africans weren't best pleased when nelson mandela was free'd, they thought he was a terrorist, and he got freed from jail and celebrated as an international hero.

Whatever he did or didn't do, keeping him in prison wont achieve anything, unless the public need to be protected from the actions of an old man with terminal cancer? and surely celebrating his death shows that just like terrorists, we put no value on life, have no belief in forgiveness and subscribe to that wonderful western passion that is beleiving that we are superior to everyone else.

hora
    Free Member

Death should be celebrated if the crime is henious enough. Saddam's victims werent treated as Kings were they. Went they reported Saddam's head came off I thought 'so what'? Stop handwringing. You commit a crime you should be prepared for the same back/consequences.

Flaperon

meehaja – very nicely put.

epicyclo

The real question is:

If our government really believed the act was sponsored by the Libyan state, WTF didn't we bomb them flat at the time?

kimbers

really he looks pretty healthy to me

well in a mickey rourke surgery gone wrong kinda way

hora
    Free Member

If our government really believed the act was sponsored by the Libyan state, WTF didn't we bomb them flat at the time?

For once on a thread REALLY well put. Why didn't the American's or UK invade Libya…surely the axis of evil.

I think theres more shades of grey to this that meets the eye.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

ton – Member
    death should never be celebrated.

So, when the first female PM of the UK carps it, I assume that all those agreeing with that statement will shut the **** up.

BTW, I agree fully, Ton. Death should never be celebrated, no matter what the circumstance. Unless it's Simon Cowell, of course. 😉

hora
    Free Member

O/T Belgrano. Sorry, you **** with us. You reap the consequences. You kill our side we kills yours. Who cares which way you were sailing, you were at war with the winning side.

grumm
    Free Member

Michael Shields, the Liverpool fan who was pardoned this week by Justice Secretary Jack Straw after a high-profile campaign to clear his name, received a rapturous reception at Anfield today.

Shields, who is a member number one of the Spirit of Shankly Liverpool FC supporters club, attended the game as a guest of the club.

He enjoyed the match with family and friends from comfortable leather seats in the directors box, alongside such club greats as Ian Rush and Kenny Dalglish.

After the game, he is expected to enjoy a VIP champagne reception as the club’s guest.

Sickening isn't it? Celebrating the return of a convicted murderer. 😕

http://www.clickliverpool.com/news/national-news/126112-michael-shields-is-anfield-guest-of-honour.html

FWIW I detest Thatcher and everything she stands for – won't be celebrating her funeral though.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

FWIW I detest Thatcher and everything she stands for – won't be celebrating her funeral though.

Now that makes perfect sense to me.

I will feel no joy when Bliar kicks the bucket. I will not celebrate it, but equally I detest the man with a passion.

BoardinBob

Its sickened me all this – the bomber being released is OK in my opinion (I do question the actual reason though..) but for him to be welcomed like a hero is truly sickening.

I personally will celebrate when he dies then.

Lockerbie bomber nearly dead hoooraahhh

What a douchebag

zaskar
    Free Member

I will never celebrate any death or even Nazis in WW2 etc.

Anger doesn't get you far and it shows that people need to grow/wise up.

Besides unless you're a high ranking person who knows all the secrets then you're just a public pawn who will never know the truth and watch too much media tv etc and never think for themselves.

Smee
    Free Member

Grumm – Shields wasn't convicted of murder – the guy is still alive, so even with such a dodgy trial, it would have been a pretty harsh conviction.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

You commit a crime you should be prepared for the same back/consequences.

except Saddam would have been more useful alive to grass up all those in the west who supported his crimes…

grumm
    Free Member

Yeah sorry attempted murder then. The point still stands though.

G
    Free Member

Some sad **** on here aren't there ?

Unbelievable! Whatever happened to MTB!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

except Saddam would have been more useful alive to grass up all those in the west who supported his crimes…

Indeed. But someone who would probably have been more useful and believable, is this one on the right :

Tariq Aziz …… the fluent English-speaking Iraqi foreign minister could have spilt the beans on western involvement in supporting Saddam and supplying him with weapons of mass destruction. Of course that is exactly the reason why Tariq Aziz's trial was held (unlike Nuremberg) in great secrecy – the press never reported it. And it took about 7 years to decide what to charge him with – the evidence was overwhelming then ! ! !

BTW, here is a rather nice, though somewhat fuzzy photo, of the main architect of the Iraq war Donald Rumsfeld warming shaking Saddam's hand (Tariq Aziz is in the foreground) :

richc
    Free Member

personally I won't be celebrating, as I have no interest in revenge killings, as in the end they just make things much worse. To quote Ghandi "An eye for an eye and the whole world goes blind"

Oh and Hora, you are a moron perhaps you should go back to licking windows, and leave the grown ups to talk.

eat_the_pudding
    Free Member

Ghandi also said that the jews in WWII should have committed mass suicide to teach those nasty nazis a lesson.

So the "Ghandi Plan" would seem to be:
    Take whatever your enemies throw at you,
    Do nothing, and
    If things get _really_ bad,
    Top yourselves .. that'll show them.

I for one, bow to his obviously superior moral framework.

hora
    Free Member

Window licking? Are you also a homophobe?

richc
    Free Member

so you are a fan of revenge killings, as a way of solving issues? or got your bomb vest yet? as that will learn the West

nb: No Hora, I am idiotphobic

hora
    Free Member

Thats how wars work- the consequences are meant as a deterrent. If the punishment is suspension from the board of Directors-style. How many more wars/acts of aggression would there be?

There, there. You are idiotic.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Get ready to celebrate – the Lockerbie bomber is nearly dead.’ is closed to new replies.