Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Get me i can control the weather !
  • oldfart

Jumped the gun yesterday and took crudguards off the Hummer .We,ve now had more rain than in the last month !!!! 👿

hilldodger
    Free Member

I’ll share the blame OF, did a full spring clean service yesterday – new pads, new chain, bearings regreased, fork seals/wipers cleaned etc.
    Now chucking it down biblically – oh well a ride’s a ride and mud hones your skills 😆

epicyclo

No, it’s me.

I sacrificed a brand-new XTR derailleur with a hammer on a rock on a mountain peak as I prayed for more snow.

The weather gods must love me 🙂

coatesy
    Free Member

The antidote is to buy a very expensive new waterproof, managed 3 months of dry rides last time I did it.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I invited people on a ride and told them the trails were “buff” because they were dry and fast on Saturday afternoon. I took my mudguard off too.

But this morning, Cheddar was more slippery than a rude, slippery thing. At one point I braked just before a rock section and the back wheel slithered around until I was pointing uphill. Yikes!

Andy

Ah Oldfart, well done. Until now I thought your superpower only extended to being able to create vast amounts of wind… 😀

seosamh77
    Free Member

went out and did this today, fantastic, tended to stay away from the mentally muddy bits, it was muddy and wet enough on the main paths, great fun though! light waterproof jacket and trousers with long shorts and 2 wicking tops was just the ticket! 🙂

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/fullscreen/28212036/

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Get me i can control the weather !’ is closed to new replies.