Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Get Lost Rain!
  • jekkyl

Jepordising all my cycling plans, even if it’s not forecast to be raining at the time I’d like to go out there will water all over the floor, so you have to suffer gritty spray from below and all the foliage will be heavy with water soaking you and your clothing as you pass, bahhhhh!
    Plus the fact the weather cannot make up it’s mind what it wants to do, spend all week watching the forecast for an evening and it says it’ll be dry…. 2 hrs before you’re due to go out and the forecast changes to double raindrop and the heavens open… bahhhhh!

Sawt it ‘awt summer!

scandal42
    Free Member

Been really dry here. Forecast for a bit later, but on the whole it’s the best summer I can remember in quite some time.

molgrips
    Free Member

I know.

After so much dry trails, I just don’t feel like mud slogging. I think I’ll go to the gym.

on the whole it’s the best summer I can remember in quite some time.

Overall yes, I agree. Lots of dry rides – grateful for this. Even more than three hot days too.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Rode to work today, it was still pretty dry despite the downpour we had in the south.

It looks ominously dark and the weather suggests I might get wet on the way home 🙁

Meant to be racing an enduro Sunday too, my first race back from being broken. Rain & chalk – not the ideal return conditions, especially when i’m still not properly fixed…

ahwiles
    Free Member

rain please, the trails here are a bit too dusty…

jekkyl

Yes I will acquiesce that up until the start of this week it has been a fairly decent summer so far. I have had a fair few rides on dusty trails in the sun so I shouldn’t relly complain. But a UK holiday booked to start in a weeks time and I’m being allowed to take my bike I have my fears this rain will continue.

OCB
    Free Member

We rode all day yesterday in & around West Devon.
    The weather was right old mix – hot / cold / rain / windy / still / humid / sunny / fresh ? … Usually several things at the same time.
    Still a great ride tho’ 😛

(Torrential rain today).

fifeandy
    Free Member

Come to Fife, weather is totally predictable, it’ll be overcast, cold and most likely windy, but doesn’t actually rain that much.
    Was back to a roubaix jersey last night 🙁

jam-bo

We rode all day yesterday in & around West Devon.

no mix today. rain going past my shed window sideways at 40mph.

think i’ll give the soggy XC a miss this evening.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

It does seem to be rule #5 this week and next!

I thought last week was bad, only doing ~30 miles all week on an annual leave week, but so far I’ve only done roughly the same over Monday and Tuesday. I bottled out of my midweek ride to Butser Hill again or even trying “Bell Hill to the top” cat3 just north of Petersfield.

Might have to settle for a quick blast up my local hills soon before I go insane.

chakaping
    Free Member

It’s been the driest year I can remember, certainly the driest since I moved up north.

Bit wet today and more forecast Sunday, but next week is looking great.

So I’ll have to advise you to suck it up, princess.

😉

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Man up soldier!

but next week is looking great.

A week on Arran next week, I bloody hope so!

ferrals
    Free Member

even trying “Bell Hill to the top” cat3 just north of Petersfield

Fantastic hill that, never ridden it on a road bike but used to regularly ride up it, along cockshotoff lane and then down throguh the hangers as a kid on mtb

Sheeting down here today. Still makes my cyclocross training more realistic 😀

dahedd
    Free Member

I’ll tend go out regardless. that’s why I have waterproof shorts & sealskins. Bugger going to them gym.
    Worst case scenario ill take the dog for a walk in the woods instead.

Can’t complain about last 2 weeks, been off & weather’s been pretty good. Only problem being the hay fever which seems to have expanded into a sodding chest infection.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Get Lost Rain!’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts