Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)
  • Get in !! (Athletics Spoiler)
  • scaredypants

go on Bolt

that is all

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Very rarely I shout at the tv, just did

Thank **** for that

racefaceec90

😀

the right person won (not the drug cheat 😆

thepurist

Well not one who’s been caught yet… 😉

scaredypants

hmmmm – I was going to say “I hope turns out clean” but figured that would be a bit churlish

thepurist

It’s just a daily mail type comment on the current situation in athletics. I hope coe can do something to remove any such concerns from anyone who works hard enough and has the talent to dominate their sport like bolt and farah

mrblobby
    Free Member

Surprised no complaints at the lack of spoiler given the non obvious title.

Worth a read…

scaredypants

ah, sorry mrblobby – fair point

please feel free to report the thread (too late for me to amend title)

(I’ve just reported your post, so hopefully that’ll do it)

honeybadgerx

Part of me kinda hope that Gatlin won, just to help kick up even more of a fuss over doping, but glad Bolt got it in the end.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

It’s just a daily mail type comment on the current situation in athletics. I hope coe can do something to remove any such concerns from anyone who works hard enough and has the talent to dominate their sport like bolt and farah

Not sure I can take your post seriously Coe cleaning up? You think he was clean 😆

Is that sprint factory book from before all the Jamaicans got popped?

rascal
    Free Member

Lovely Jess won a gold too 😀

thegreatape
    Free Member

Lovely Katrina didn’t 🙁

chewkw
    Free Member

Jessica is radiant while Katarina Johnson-Thompson looks gloomy (not smiling etc whatever) but if she can cheer up a bit more she can be the next champion.

Bolt with his cheerful personality carried him through.

😛

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

superb results for Ennis-hill and Bolt.. definitely something you wouldn’t have put your house on 6months ago.

Jess hand Usain have lovely smiles 🙂

glasgowdan
    Free Member

It’s odd to accept whatever rules allow Gatlin to compete after his past… Bolt was nervous and ran poorly. Luck was on his side.

deepreddave
    Free Member

Dirtyrider – evidence of anything to the contrary please as would be genuinely interested. Pleased Bolt won but a twice convicted drug cheat is still on the podium #shameoniaaf #boycottnike

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

jambalaya
    Free Member

Delighted Bolt won.

Jessica is fabulous and such a great advert for althetics. Katrina vs Jess will be epic at the Olympics, had Kattinas’s long jump counted she would probably have won gold. Will be interesting to see how she goes in the long jump as she’s entered for that too.

chewkw
    Free Member

jambalaya – Member
    Jessica is fabulous and such a great advert for althetics. Katrina vs Jess will be epic at the Olympics, had Kattinas’s long jump counted she would probably have won gold. Will be interesting to see how she goes in the long jump as she’s entered for that too.

Ya, Katrina’s 3rd jump nearly won her a gold but the entire strategy was wrong from the start go.

I would get her to not to fault in the first jump (not matter how poor) just to avoid the 3 strikes to stay in the game then she can do whatever she wants in the remaining two. She was faulted by 0.01 over the clay mark in her 3rd jump … arrghhh …

In her 3rd jump she could have played it safe just to fight another day in other events in order to get a medal but she went for broke.

Apart from that I think if she can relax or cheer up a bit she will be the next champion but at the moment she is inexperience in big stage. She lacks confidence.

😀

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Dirtyrider – evidence of anything to the contrary please as would be genuinely interested

what year did they ban blood doping?

Pigface
    Free Member

Did anyone else see the Beeb infographic??? that showed Bolt was travelling at 29mph when he crossed the line 😯 29mph?????? I find that mind boggling.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

what year did they ban blood doping?

1984?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Is that sprint factory book from before all the Jamaicans got popped?

After. Worth a read. Author is someone who’s been reporting on cycling for years too.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Bolt does the double in style quite a margin 🙂

Hughes runs a PB in the lane between Gatlin and Bolt, great performance and hopefully he can go better in Rio.

boblo
    Free Member

Always prefer a show off to a cheat 😀 Nice one.

surfer
    Free Member

Not sure I can take your post seriously Coe cleaning up? You think he was clean

Cleaner than Bolt

Trimix
    Free Member

When Gatlin was (found to be) cheating, did he run slower or faster than he runs now ?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

slower, he’s a lot fast now,

In the case of Gatlin, you have an athlete, at 33, running faster than he did at 24, ostensibly without the benefit of steroids. Think that through.

The Gatlin dilemma

surfer
    Free Member

@Dirtyrider are you going to give any evidence for the Coe slur above?

jimjam
    Free Member

Of the top 5 fastest sprinters in the world (including his training partner Yohan Blake) Bolt is the only one who hasn’t been busted for P.E.D.s

Make of that what you will.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I will make of that that you have no proof he cheats but want to insinuate it nonetheless
    Am I right?

jimjam
    Free Member

Did I insinuate that he cheats? Do I have to insinuate that he cheats? I think the facts insinuate that he cheats. But only time will tell.

For what it’s worth even if Bolt got busted tomorrow I wouldn’t feel any ill will, all of his competitors are juiced to the ****ing tits. That’s a fact. If he’s on PEDs too, then really so what.

If he did a Lance, and started attacking anyone who questioned him, it might be a different story though.

convert

I’m not saying anything – I want to believe!

Fastest ever 100m times (times of those who have doped redacted in red)…..

Travis

Only in China…

MrPottatoHead

My personal view. He’s clean. Clearly he is genetically different from your typical sprinter-taller & leaner. I think he’s a one-off freak-of-nature for want of a better term. He’s raised the bar and other people have had to cheat to try to compete at his level.

The fact the all his rivals have already been caught just suggests to me the testing is working, giving more support to him being clean.

onehundredthidiot

As above his running style and the limb length, whole of his physical make up make him able to travel very fast when up to speed. His start is ragged as he has to get those limbs into shape for speed (upright and flowing in a straight line). For most of us the 100m is about power for him it’s a mix of power and the flow of his gangly frame

surfer
    Free Member

This is similar to the thread on Farah where a number of people asserted that he was taking drugs (without any evidence) We will never know if Bolt is clean or not as you will always have people like Dirtyrider who make baseless accusations 30+ years later.

Bolt is popular at the moment but that shouldnt give him a free pass. I dont know if he is on drugs (I hope he isnt) but this whole thing is hardly objective. Bolt is innocent as is Seb Coe as neither have been found guilty of taking drugs. We slur one but see the other as the “peoples champion! !

FuzzyWuzzy

I’m 50:50 on whether he’s clean, on the one hand he obviously has an abnormal stride length and good leg speed to go with it but if that’s all it takes to give you a big edge why are most sprinters short and stocky – if there’s lots of lanky kids running fast times growing up a few must have good leg speed to and would have made the grade. Also the Jamaican anti-doping program used to be a joke, not sure if it’s improved the last few years but it was still a joke when Bolt burst onto the scene.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

We will never know if Bolt is clean or not as you will always have people like Dirtyrider who make baseless accusations 30+ years later.

Let’s not forget insinuating you are a naïve idiot if you’re happy not to make un-evidenced accusations. 🙂

seosamh77
    Free Member

Guess it might just be me, but the whole doping in sport thing doesn’t irk me at all. I’d let them do it. Just declare it.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘Get in !! (Athletics Spoiler)’ is closed to new replies.