Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Germany “owed” Greece €9.2bn for the first world war, €322bn for WW2
  • geoffj

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/mar/12/german-anger-over-greek-demand-for-war-reparations

😯

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Afl9WFGJE0M[/video]

piemonster

Are they going are Turkey as well?

**** it, Iran too.

joat

Let’s just call it quits?

ampthill

So thats’s siding with The Greeks?

I’m not looking forward to the resultant collapse of European banking

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

There’s no harm in asking 🙂

wanmankylung
    Free Member

It’s Phil’s doing, he’s put them up to it.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Hah! Got to say, I’m rather starting to like the Greeks.

joat

ampthill – Member
    So thats’s siding with The Greeks?

I’m not looking forward to the resultant collapse of European banking

I don’t really understand world monetary affairs and my remark was off the cuff. But is it a bit of blackmail to get out of paying back loans I wonder. Can someone who has a clue what they’re talking about enlighten us.

jota180
    Free Member

Well, the ‘loan’ bit of the claim is certainly true and it has never been paid back.

Under some agreement or other, if the money was stolen, then there’s nothing to pay as it was covered in the reparation agreements. If it was a loan, then they have a point.

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Just tossing it in, but would it really be a disaster if the whole banking world did collapse?!

There are a lot of very well educated people that would like you to think so………

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I don’t really understand world monetary affairs and my remark was off the cuff. But is it a bit of blackmail to get out of paying back loans I wonder. Can someone who has a clue what they’re talking about enlighten us.

Of course it’s blackmail, the Greeks aren’t technically owed anything but it’s hilarious and part of me agrees with them emotionally, due to the amount of times I’ve heard German students try to pin the blame on the rise of the Nazi party on the allies Versailles terms.

The Greeks should just invade Germany by mass migration and cause the Germans a massive social headache. Farage would be laughing his bollocks off.

The bit about sending them all their terrorists made me laugh even more.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Just tossing it in, but would it really be a disaster if the whole banking world did collapse?!

To be honest that’s something I’d like to see – just for the experience.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

😯

wanmankylung
    Free Member

I might have guesed that the economist would be horrified by that thought. See here’s the thing THM – we have plenty natural resources up here in Jocksville and I know how to make the most of them, so I’d be fine.

Junkyard
    Free Member

the amount of times I’ve heard German students try to pin the blame on the rise of the Nazi party on the allies Versailles terms.

pretty popular – as in oft discussed – view of the treaty and not just be German students.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

pretty popular – as in oft discussed – view of the treaty and not just be German students.

Which makes Germany’s treatment of Greece all the more hilarious and why I instantly switch off when people trot out that apologist line.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Germany “owed” Greece €9.2bn for the first world war, €322bn for WW2’ is closed to new replies.