Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 429 total)
  • German Market . . . .
  • spekkie
    Free Member
    thomasthetankengine
    Free Member

Another extremist?

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Here we go again.

spekkie
    Free Member

So far it seems deliberate but no confirmed “terrorist” link,

chewkw
    Free Member

Yes, saw that on Ch 4 news just now at the last minute.

Not looking good.

thomasthetankengine
    Free Member

Actually anyone doing this would likely be an extremist, but they seem to be hitting Germany, France and Belgium with some regularity.

spekkie
    Free Member

9 dead so far. FFS.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Shooting in Zurich, too.

rmacattack
    Free Member

not good. uk can not be far off something.

spekkie
    Free Member

Not that it is of any consequence, but I’ve walked that street a few times in the past.

thomasthetankengine
    Free Member

What I though rmacattack. We definitely on the target list.

takisawa2

Poor folk.
    Crossed my mind at the German Market in Brum.

thomasthetankengine
    Free Member

The Zurich one seems to be inside the Islamic Centre. Is it getting tit for tat?

RoterStern
    Free Member

Horrible news. Something like this is one of the reasons we haven’t been with our kids to our local Xmas market. 🙁

Jamie
    Free Member

I do wish these people doing this stuff would just **** off.

Drac

Pathetic cowards.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Horrible news. Something like this is one of the reasons we haven’t been with our kids to our local Xmas market.

Do not let these bastids win! 👿

P-Jay
    Free Member

It’s so sad, it doesn’t matter which side of arguement you happen to have been born on – it’s always the everyday people just going about their lives who get hurt and killed.

matt_outandabout

🙁

RoterStern
    Free Member

Do not let these bastids win!

I know, I know but when it’s your own flesh and blood……….

enfht
    Free Member

which side of arguement you happen to have been born on

😮

project
    Free Member

Russia today reporting driver caught and another body found in lorry cab

Drac

Horrible news. Something like this is one of the reasons we haven’t been with our kids to our local Xmas market.

The chances are extremely remote. My wife was scared about going to London with the kids due to the high alert, I persuaded her it’ll be Ok and they headed off this am for a few days.

senorj

Tossers.
    I spent yesterday afternoon in a busy London location with loads and loads of different cultural types all having fun together .This kind of thing crossed my mind.
    Children were playing together and at the time I thought “this is fantastic , how could anyone want to **** that up?”
    Grrrr.

MoreCashThanDash

Can’t let them beat us through fear. The purpose of terrorism is to terrorise.

My lad (13) has just come back from a school trip to Belgium that included several Christmas markets and the thought of some kind of attack had occurred to me, also when he was there in the summer on a music tour. But the chances of him being in the wrong place at the wrong time are incredibly small.

cheddarchallenged
    Free Member

Terrible to read about another event like this – not least after the incredible generosity the Germans have shown to others in recent years.

pete0773
    Free Member

I was at that market with my wife on Sunday morning…..

hairylegs
    Free Member

No definite links to terrorism… yet…. it could still be a traffic accident like the Glasgow bin lorry

Don’t jumps to conclusions

Drac

I’d put money on it bring individuals as opposed to terriost group.

jimjam
    Free Member

Drac

According to the New York post ISIS have claimed responsibility for the attack. So now folk can start debating what kind of mental health issues the driver had.

jambalaya
    Free Member

ISIS has been calling for “lone wolf” attacks using vehicles and knives for some time. The Nice attack was just such an attack. That one form of an ISIS attack. US State Department has been warning tourists to avoid places like Christmas markets. I am quite surprised after Nice there where not concrete blocks in place, either that or the lorry has pushed through them.

I hope the Polish truck driver is ok, he has not been heard of since 4pm. Theory is the truck was hijacked. A person was found dead in the passenger seat of the truck.

The Zurich shooting was near an Islamic Centre as opposed to inside. Not clear who where the casualties.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

the problem is that there is little difference between ‘Individuals’ and ‘Terrorist group’. That is the whole key to terrorist cells. Individually can independent do something for ‘ the cause’. Though the problem in Germany are not wholly unlinked to the fact they let 1,000,000 immigrants in un filtered. Who know’s who crossed the line into the country. It only takes a handful of terrorists in amongst the majority of genuine immigrants to make an impact. Not quite the same risk as the UK faces.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Agreed.

jambalaya
    Free Member

The Zurich shooting was near an Islamic Centre as opposed to inside. Not clear who where the casualties.

Guardian report says people where shot inside the centre/mosque whilst at prayer

jamj1974

Awful thing to happen again. Once again our basic ability to behave inhumanely is seen.

My thoughts as always are with the families of the victims.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

I am quite surprised after Nice there where not concrete blocks in place

Of course. You would think the citizens of Berlin would be well up for building concrete walls around places where people come together.
    🙄

Can’t let them beat us through fear. The purpose of terrorism is to terrorise.

Correct. We were at that market at various points over last weekend. I can’t deny it crossed my mind before we left for Germany that Christmas markets would prime places to sew terror, but you can’t give into fear and division. Berlin’s history is a prime example of why we shouldn’t do that.

Gary_C

Looks like a terrorist attack done in the name of the religion of peace.

LeeW

Of course. You would think the citizens of Berlin would be well up for building concrete walls around places where people come together.

Don’t be a twit, it’s a completely different situation and reasoning. 3ft high concrete blocks surround road access points at the market in Birmingham.

bencooper
    Free Member

It only takes a handful of terrorists in amongst the majority of genuine immigrants to make an impact. Not quite the same risk as the UK faces.

7/7 was committed by Brits. The Nice attack as committed by a French-Tunisian who had lived in France for 10+ years.

It’s tempting to think that the problem is this new rush of refugees and immigrants, and by simply shutting that door we can keep out the bad guys. It’s not true.

spekkie
    Free Member

I see that 3 more people died overnight. Death toll now at 12.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 429 total)

The topic ‘German Market . . . .’ is closed to new replies.