Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • German knees are jerking
  • aracer
    Free Member

Surprisingly, none of the antis seem to have picked up on this one.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-13592208

Edukator
    Free Member

None of the anti-whats?

Anti-decommissioning or anti-nuclear?

Three_Fish
    Free Member

You underestimate the Germans. That decision will not have been made lightly. Sustainability and environmental issues are important to many Germans and this decision appears to reflects that. That’s before we get onto the fact that renewable energy will be big business in the not-so-distant future. A punt, perhaps; but a relatively wise, not mention responsible, one, I think. Good on them.

MSP

Its more a sign of Merkels fading power, she just flops according to populist media driven opinion. She has always tried to portray and iron lady image, but she is totally without backbone and devoid of ideas.

Edukator
    Free Member

If populist means means taking account of the majority view then she’s populist. I’d call it democracy in action. There haven’t been any new nuclear plants in Germany for years because they aren’t wanted. The region around Freiburg proved it didn’t need a nuclear plant and could make do with energy saving measures and alternative energy provision. I’m sure the rest of the country can do the same.

project
    Free Member

I blame the cucumbers……….

chickenman

Hmm..I think they’ll end up buying russian gas and french nuclear electricity.
    Germans are environmentally aware untill they drive on the Autobahn when they seem happy to drive in a way that uses 50% more fuel 😯

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘German knees are jerking’ is closed to new replies.