Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • German exchange student, anyone help with accommodation in or near Penicuik ?
  • rickmeister

I wonder if anyone can help with this request. A family friends daughter is close to getting a school exchange place in Penicuik for the summer term. The next bit of the puzzle is accommodation. Friends local to the school have kids doing Highers at this time so dont want the distraction during an important few weeks study…

If you can help, it would be great, payment for lodging is available and Lara is hoping to do the summer term, May to July, or part of…

She is a great kid, very sporty and a ski racer, musical, great written and spoken English, good at helping out with stuff…. fits in well…

As said, any help gratefully received, or suggestions where else I can ask.. Mumsnet a good option ?

Thanks

cranberry
    Free Member

I would suspect that asking random people on the internet if they would like a teenage girl living with them for a little while might have some safety implications.

If she is to be studying at the school isn’t the school scouting out a family ( with a child learning German ) for her to stay with ?

legend
    Free Member

cranberry – Member
    I would suspect that asking random people on the internet if they would like a teenage girl living with them for a little while might have some safety implications.

Damn right.

Might be able to help, but will need photos first.

wiggles
    Free Member

good at helping out with stuff…. fits in well…

scuttler

Deliberately avoiding all that could possibly go wrong with such a thread, she’ll not be so sporty after she’s spent all Summer dining out at the epic post-ride Tower Fish Bar. “Salzundsauce?”

rickmeister

Thanks for the replies, I get all the concerns but there are quite a few mates of mine that post up on here…
    I’m expecting a few Skype chats with parents etc etc to get through before anything goes ahead, obviously to avoid the next 15 yrs of living in the basement type scenario…

Just thought I would ask as stw has come good with an internship for my German nephew amongst sorting other stuff…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘German exchange student, anyone help with accommodation in or near Penicuik ?’ is closed to new replies.