Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • German cave rescue
  • matt_outandabout

+1 welshfarmer

I wonder next time a mountain biker is a long way from a road, whether they should be left to rot, and all future biking be banned in that area?

What about the search for the missing Malay airlines plane. Maybe we should never risk anything, and never.hope for rescue?

JulianA
    Free Member

If mountainbikers and cavers were ever deemed to be ‘not worth rescuing’ MrsJulianA and I would both have been in dire straits (at different times), so no, I don’t think that’s a good idea.

On a different note, after my cave rescue on Mendip we organised a pub crawl around Portswood and Bevios Valley in Southampton in caving kit. Probably more hazardous than the caving, to be honest, but we did raise a few quid!

nedrapier

I don’t there’s anybody on this thread or in the original article who’s suggested that people shouldn’t be rescued. Thanks Welshfarmer for the first hand knowledge.

Anyone know these guys? I would really like to know how much they’re playing up to it. They’re very earnest indeed. Very earnest…

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LU1OZhkPAg[/video]

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    natrix
    Free Member

Not come across the unicycling cavers, but I do remember Jingles at the Belfry. Did a few trips down Cuthberts with ‘Zot’ who would open the sluice gate to make climbing the entrance rift that little bit more ‘sporting’ 🙂

welshfarmer

I remember a long thread on the UK Caving forum about the unicycling in Aggy. Cue 2 camps, one of outrage and one of “if it brings more people in to the sport then it is OK and they weren’t doing any harm”

JulianA
    Free Member

natrix – Member
    Not come across the unicycling cavers, but I do remember Jingles at the Belfry. Did a few trips down Cuthberts with ‘Zot’ who would open the sluice gate to make climbing the entrance rift that little bit more ‘sporting’

Glad someone else remembers the late John ‘Jingles’ Williams. Great guy and I wish he were still around.

Don’t remember ‘Zot’ though. Never climbed that rift with the water on, but it would definitely make it more ‘sporting’! We always did trips short enough that the dam wouldn’t overflow in the time we were down there. Brilliant cave.

Never saw the point of Eastwater, but had some great trips down Swildon’s and GB. Loved Singing River – great fun!

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘German cave rescue’ is closed to new replies.