• This topic has 20 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by br.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • German Bashing….Help me win ze war.
  • alpin
    Free Member

i’m having to eudure some friendly banter from some of the lads (via WhatsApp) from work off the back of this recent Lufthansa advert:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FD9UTBWo51w[/video]

i’ve retaliated with the Berlitz/German Coastguard and Mitchell & Webb/Skull Caps. I’ve told them that it is no wonder they lost the war if they feel that 16°C requires a jacket.

Give me some ammo…..

perchypanther
    Free Member

THis is the killer phrase, uttered in every Commando comic between 1950 and 1986…..

“For you, Tommy…ze war is over”

jimmy

Schweinhünde should do it

alpin
    Free Member

@ jimmy

i’ve been here for eight years… i’m well past Schweinehünde…. my vocabulary is varied enough already. 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Give me some ammo

Not sure I’ve got anything that can compete with the kid tbh. Sorry.

jambalaya
    Free Member

You could congratulate them on making a funny advertisement but have to ask whether they hired a British company to esnure it was funny

Ask them where Slovakia is as you though it was a tiny and impoverished country of 2m people in Eastern Europe, you didn’t know they even had a football team till last week

perchypanther
    Free Member

You could just endure the banter until England get pumped out of the competition early doors and Germany win it?

Seems a safe course of action.

nickjb
    Free Member

You could just endure the banter until England get pumped out of the competition early doors and beat Germany on penalties and win it?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

@ Perchy – Who’s in Scotlands group this time? 😛

nickjb
    Free Member

Who’s in Scotlands group this time?

Holland, Denmark and Greece

Tallpaul
    Free Member

Ask them if they still watch ‘Dinner for One’ every Christmas.

jimdubleyou

Ask them if they’ve returned their bicycles to Holland yet.

alpin
    Free Member

i couldn’t give zwei toots for Fußball…. and they know it.

regardless, i have to listen to jokes asking if it is only those who can’t drive get given a yellow number plate; that i can’t be English as i don’t like football, have all my own teeth and supposedly know who my mother is; whether BGT is truely representative of the UK…. (friend asked what i was doing “watching the DH WC. where are the Germans or do they all ride like pussies like you?” his response: “I’m watching BGT. Are all Brits as ugly, toneless and as fat as you!”… made me laugh)… the list is kinda long

i’m thinking more Jurgen the German “I would like to apologise for the conduct of my country…”

alpin
    Free Member

Tallpaul… yes. they. do.

every. single. year.

and yet it is still really, really funny…. somehow.

jambalaya
    Free Member

A German calling a Brit fat is a bit ambitious … once heard an epic rant from a Dutch fellow, “the only thing fatter and uglier than a German is a German car”

perchypanther
    Free Member

You could always cover the saddle of his bike in fake semen?

A popular jape amongst our Teutonic brethren, as I recall.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/sperm-recipes/page/2

Northwind

Well played nickjb.

selkirkbear
    Free Member

Ask them to say squirrel.

ctk
    Free Member

Are all Brits as ugly, toneless and as fat as you!”…

“Do you think Hitler should have killed fat people as well as the disabled and the Jews?”

PJM1974
    Free Member

“Is it true that there is no word for ‘fluffy’ in German?”

br
    Free Member

i have to listen to jokes asking if it is only those who can’t drive get given a yellow number plate;

that’s more a ‘pop’ at the Dutch though, or at least it seemed like that when we lived in the north

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘German Bashing….Help me win ze war.’ is closed to new replies.