Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Germaine Greer advocating felling of Thetford forest
  • strike
    Free Member

Have ‘we’ done this yet? She advocated feeling the forest during an interview on R4 yesterday.

cloudnine
    Free Member

She advocated feeling the forest

Groping trees?

molgrips
    Free Member

Isn’t it supposed to be heathland, and the tree planatations are un natural?

juanghia
    Free Member

Could be worse, the foul Zaha Hadid condoned the deaths of Nepal workers in Quatar then walked out of her R4 interview.

mtbfix

She has a point. Plantations like Thetford, and many other FC sites, are pretty poor in terms of species diversity.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Seems she thinks we should destroy 20k hectare forest because it’s not native to the UK, to protect woodland.

Personally I’d rather plan a new native forest and keep the ‘fake’ one. Anyway, it’s been there for over 100 years, how long before it’s ‘native’? How many species of plant and animal were imported here over the centuries.

She probably thinks it represents the UKs former colonial past or they’re too phallic in shape.

binners

It’ll all be the sticky-uppy things. They’re all a bit… you know… rapey

cyclelife
    Free Member

She can **** off back to the deserts of Australia as far as I’m concerned.

oldnpastit

Nothing is native to this country.

ThePinkster

Isn’t Thetford a FC tree farm?

In that case they’ll all be cut down eventually anyway so don’t see what the issue is.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

No link? Provocative hyperbole to generate discussion? Context? Some comments already seem to be addressing strawmenwomen or possibly barking up the wrong tree 😉

I read that Greer spent her ‘life savings’ purchasing land in Australia to begin restoring a rainforest. So I’d be surprised if her words on Thetford were without some thought.

strike
    Free Member

Exactly, many things in our landscape in the UK are not native and can you really expect them to be on such a relatively small island with so many people?!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I have no thoughts on Thetford forest, couldn’t even tell you where it is, but Germaine Greer is a dick of a woman.

kimbers

It’d be better if they could plant some hills in thetford forrest instead

terrahawk
    Free Member

I remember doing Dusk Til Dawn there a few years back. Fell off, tw**ted a tree with my shoulder.
    Burn the fookin lot of em.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Germaine Greer advocating felling of Thetford forest’ is closed to new replies.